July 4th Jets news & Football articles

Kentucky Jet

Have a Happy and Safe holiday weekend- God Bless America

Even Years Serve The Jets Well

Friday, July 04th 2008, 1:14 am by Pietro DiSante

Many New York Jets fans are wondering what they can expect from the 2008 season. If the last ten years have taught Jets fans anything, it is that an even year can

Brett Favre just ruined the Packers front office July 4th holiday.

The gun slinging QB now wants to do the very thing that just about everyone that knows anything about football knew all along - he never wanted to walk away. Favre has thrown out rumblings about wanting to return, and the Packers and GM Ted Thompson are now caught in the toughest rock and hard place he and the franchise have ever been in.

Do the Packers move Favre, the face of the franchise and the most popular player in team history? Or do they allow Favre to come back, again, and take away and stop the progress of what many think the future of the franchise is - former first round pick QB Aaron Rodgers? What would you do?

The Packers have reportedly told Favre to ride off in the sunset, enjoy the life away from the game. But after the teams gut wrenching defeat to the Giants in the NFC Title game, doesn

15 Years Of Pain and Joy At the Hands of the Jets

By Joe Caporoso | July 3rd, 2008

E-mail | Print | Share

I am 21 years old and in terms of Jets seasons that I really remember experiencing and appreciating, it begins in 1993, when thanks to my grandfather I truly embraced being a Jets fan as a 6 year old, the roller coaster ride of mostly pain and a little joy that follows looks something like this:

1993: I am excited to see my newly declared favorite team the New York Jets have a chance to make the playoffs. Unfortunately, they got bombed 24-0 by the Houston Oilers and miss the playoffs with an 8-8 record. I was too little to really get that upset and figured they would just make the playoffs next year.

1994: The Jets look really good, but then lose a mid-season game to Miami in part thanks to a fake spike by Dan Marino. My Uncle just laughed after that game and warned me what I had got myself into by being a Jets fan. I was still young and confused and didn

MLS *1018522 Muttontown - Exquisite Estate Property

MLS #: *1018522

Price: $4,095,000

Request more photos!

Agent: Barbara Tomko

Email: barbaratomko@shawnelliott.com

Phone: 516-364-HOME

Schedule a showing

Email this listing

Map this location

Driving Directions

Print this listing

Mortgage calculators

Open House Schedule

Free Prequalification

Click here

View Photo Gallery

View Slideshow Address:

2080 Edge Rd

Muttontown, NY 11791

Type: Single Family Residential for Sale

Floors: Two or More Stories

Parking/Garage: 3+

Bedrooms: 6

Baths: 7

Half Baths: 1

Square Feet: Interior Approx 7200 sq ft

Lot Size: 2.02 Acres

Year Built: 2003

School District: Syosset #2

Description:

Exquisite 7200 Sqft Brick Center Hall Colonial Set On 2+ Meticulously Manicured Private Estate Property! Beautifully Designed With 6 Bedrooms, 7.5 Baths, 2 Story Entry Foyer, Gourmet Kitchen With Top Of Line Appliances, Magnificent Family Room W/Built-ins & Stone Fireplace, Master Suite With Fireplace, Custom Walk In Closets, Steam Shower, Whirlpool Tub & Radiant Heat. Fitness Room, Billiard Room, Media Room. Creston Security System.

Virtual Tour

Interior Features:

Appliances Basement

Central Air Den/Office

Dining Room Family Room

Fireplace Hardwood Floors

Laundry Room Main Floor Bathroom

Main Floor Bedroom Walk-In Closet

Exterior Features:

Deck/Patio Landscaping

Swimming Pool

Adam Schefter of NFL Network lays out the procedure that quarterback Brett Favre would follow if/when he decides to play football again.

Favre currently is on the reserve/retired list. To be activated from it, Favre only has to send written notice to the Packers and to the league of his desire to play. The Packers would then have 24 hours to reinstate Favre, or to release him.

The other possibility would be to activate Favre and then attempt to trade him, if the Packers don

Archived