More wit and wisdom for Professor Herm

docdhc

You said this:

So long as Chad Pennington is on this team I do not want to hear complaints about this style of playcalling. Since Hackett both OC's we've had were well known for having either a prolific passing attack (Heimerdinger) prior to us, or a very good and balanced passing attack (Schott with Drew Brees having probowl caliber years). Even if we had Mike Martz and Al Davis as our owner, so long as Chad were the QB the playcalling would be the same. Someday people are hopefully going to wake up and realize just how severely Chad limits the offensive playbook and play style.

Telling me that Clemens is young and can't handle the playbook or that Brady had a limited offense at first does not change the simple fact that if Chad's arm is limiting 1/4 to 1/2 of Schott's playbook then Clemens head (or whatever it is) is limiting 3/4 to 1/2. I'm not advocating starting Chad. I've seen enough. OTOH, I heard enough bull**** the first half of last season about how the offense was going to suddenly open up and 30-40 yard passes were suddenly going to start raining down to call bull**** now. They've used two QBs about as diametrically opposed as you can get and the play calls were not significantly different. If anything they were more conservative under Clemens. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a talk and calls plays like a duck maybe it's just a ****ing duck.

PS: Whoops, another hijack. Sorry folks. Herm Edwards is a moron. Are we back on topic now?

Archived