I'm too hard on Ricky Weeks...

drago

I know none of you care about the brewers, which makes me the baseball lounge version of JR128, but here goes.

Weeks is an awful leadoff man. He flys out too often, the swings at the first pitch on a consistant basis without any type of results. He was batting 215 with an OBP of 310 but has since been raising his average on a consistant level.

The problem with having a 310 OBP is that the 4 guys behind him are quite clutch with RISP. Braun is hitting 280, fielder 275, Hart 285 and Hardy has been as hot as the July son the past two months. Now, their batting averages are nothing like the AL East big money roid-boys but they are still decent averages and nice power numbers for each player.

I'd love for the Brewers to have a truly dangerous lead off stick but until that day comse i should not be so hard on weeks. He has been righting the ship a bit and he might be the guy for the job.

I know none of you care about the brewers, which makes me the baseball lounge version of JR128, but here goes.

Weeks is an awful leadoff man. He flys out too often, the swings at the first pitch on a consistant basis without any type of results. He was batting 215 with an OBP of 310 but has since been raising his average on a consistant level.

The problem with having a 310 OBP is that the 4 guys behind him are quite clutch with RISP. Braun is hitting 280, fielder 275, Hart 285 and Hardy has been as hot as the July son the past two months. Now, their batting averages are nothing like the AL East big money roid-boys but they are still decent averages and nice power numbers for each player.

I'd love for the Brewers to have a truly dangerous lead off stick but until that day comse i should not be so hard on weeks. He has been righting the ship a bit and he might be the guy for the job.

Brewers deal for Giants second baseman Durham

The Milwaukee Brewers have acquired second baseman Ray Durham from the Giants, continuing with their effort in the push to make the playoffs for the first time since 1982.

Durham, 36, is hitting .293 for the Giants, with an on-base percentage of .385, and in theory, he could help the Brewers as a utility player. But it is also very possible that he will press Rickie Weeks, the Brewers' every-day second baseman to this point, for playing time.

Weeks is hitting .218 with eight homers, and Milwaukee ranks dead last among all teams in batting average for second baseman (.222).

ESPN.com's Keith Law is reporting that the prospects going to San Francisco are Steve Hammond and Darren Ford. The seriousness of the Durham talks between the Giants and Brewers was reported by the San Francisco Chronicle on Saturday.

The Brewers are in San Francisco this weekend. Durham was held out of San Francisco's lineup on Sunday, but manager Bruce Bochy said he was available for the game.

"I don't have anything to tell you on that," Bochy told The Associated Press of a possible deal. "Ray's here."

Durham was a late arrival to the ballpark, arriving to the clubhouse in a rush about 2 hours before the game with a bag on his shoulders.

"I've got to do a few things right now," he told AP.

Buster Olney is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Guess the Brew Crew had enough with Weeks.

Believe it or not Matt, I met a geniune Brewers fan last night. My brother bought a house and threw a house party and his best friend is a hardcore Brewers fan who, believe it or not, was wearing a home authentic Weeks jersey.

Believe it or not Matt, I met a geniune Brewers fan last night. My brother bought a house and threw a house party and his best friend is a hardcore Brewers fan who, believe it or not, was wearing a home authentic Weeks jersey.

It is hit or miss on liking the guy. Sort of a love hate relationship. Weeks was the number 2 overall pick and we just want more from the guy.

Maybe it is the D-rob affect that he may never live up to his billing, no matter how you slice it, 218 is just awful for a leadoff stick. Maybe he needs to hit 6th or 7th to get more fast balls, as it stands no one fears ricky weeks like they do braun and sometimes fielder.

I like Durham's average and having another vet to go along with Cameron and Kendall could pay huge dividends in the club house.

Archived