For Pat Fans-Your Offensive line

faba

Andruzzi signed with Cleveland and Klemm is a free agent Just wondering from you guys are you concerned about your line and who to do see the Pats getting to replace these guys and who do you want?

No I'm not concerned.

Klemm is a moderately talented but never particularly flashy swing tackle. He'd be nice depth if he wasn't perpetually injured. Generally considered a bust for a 2nd rounder by Pats fans.

Andruzzi was a gritty team guy who is one of the least physically talented players on the team. At times was excellent, at times was atrocious. He'll be missed but I wouldn't have wanted him back for what Cleveland paid, and actually to be honest I don't think he'll be missed: Hochstein should be just as good, and the Pats have shown the ability to replace departing linemen fairly well with FA discards, low draft picks, and UDFAs.

Andruzzi signed with Cleveland and Klemm is a free agent Just wondering from you guys are you concerned about your line and who to do see the Pats getting to replace these guys and who do you want?

See this falls into the In Belichick we Trust category or maybe more directly In Scarnechia we Trust.

Whomever is most responsible can debated among others, but the Patriots' OL has had only one real star during Belichick's ERA (Damien Woody). They have found good players, but no one that ranks in the Top 5 at their position and probably the Top 10 either. Light and Koppen are probably the only two most people have heard of and even that is a stretch.

With all that and realizing some of it is due to Brady's abilities, the OL has done an outstanding job of protecting Brady. The Eagles this year got to him only twice. Last year during the playoffs, no one sacked him. My biggest concern coming into the offseason is that Scarnecchia, as has been rumored, would be pegged to be the OC.

As for the players, Andruzzi was a tough SOB and will be missed, but his loss is less then Woody's was and I doubt there was even a blip on the radar for his loss. Klemm's problem is injuries. He has never made it through a season uninjured. While potetnial is there, his playtime is not.

Klemm = BUST.

Andruzzi, who is upset with the Pats, should actually be grateful. Name another FA, former Scootish Claymore, from Southen Connecticut State who just signd a four year deal worth 9 million dollars...

I get the drift from all of you guys and you too Garb that the loss of Andruzzi is not a major impact- he was classic overachiever that is cashing in at the right time in free agency.

Andruzzi I took a liking to since he played high school football against the high school I went to back in Staten Island New York when I lived there.

Archived