Jets-Titans matchup...What I want

gangreenman

here's my breakdown of what needs to happen for the Jets to get a big W here...

1--STOP THE RUN. I know Collins has looked good the past couple of weeks, but make him do it again. Hold their RB's to around 3 ypc and make them pass to beat us. Its also important to remember that Collins is yet to perform well against a secondary with the likes of Revis and Rhodes... Make him beat us throwing.

2-- Use our SPEED. One of the best qualities of our offense this year has been our speed and quickness. Use it. Get the ball to Coles in short yardage, open space areas, get Leon in open space, and let them do their thing. When the secondary has to step up and defend the short stuff, thats when we look down the field to either Keller or Cotchery for some big plays. Screens to Leon/Jones/Coles and slant routes to Coles/Cotch/Baker would be killer to their aggressive pass rush. Slants also happened to be Favre's bread and butter last year for the Packers. Use it.

3 --Protect the football. We match up well with them on offense, no need to get fancy. Stick to the gameplan, run the ball, wear down the line, and we should be fine.

I know its easy to say I want a blowout, but I think the best chance for the Jets to win this game is if its tight going into the 4th quarter. If we have a 3 point lead going into the fourth, that would be ideal for me. It wouldnt allow Mangini/Sutton/Schotty to climb into their conservative shell and blow a big lead and potentially cost us the game. We finish the 3rd up small or tied, and we blow it open and end it in the 4th.

Thats how I see it.

Jets-24

Titans-14

I look to the Jax game and realize one big difference for us: Jax has not had the same D since they lost Stroud. They needed to sell out to stop the run. This made them vulnerable against the pass and Collins made them pay. This is the game where Jenkins really pays off. We shouldn't have to sell out to stop their run game, which in turn keepas them honest in the passing game. While we did get sliced up vs NE, TEN does not employ the arial weapons that NE has. I think we match up alot better against TEN than we did against NE and I feel pretty confident about our chances.

here's my breakdown of what needs to happen for the Jets to get a big W here...

1--STOP THE RUN. I know Collins has looked good the past couple of weeks, but make him do it again. Hold their RB's to around 3 ypc and make them pass to beat us. Its also important to remember that Collins is yet to perform well against a secondary with the likes of Revis and Rhodes... Make him beat us throwing.

2-- Use our SPEED. One of the best qualities of our offense this year has been our speed and quickness. Use it. Get the ball to Coles in short yardage, open space areas, get Leon in open space, and let them do their thing. When the secondary has to step up and defend the short stuff, thats when we look down the field to either Keller or Cotchery for some big plays. Screens to Leon/Jones/Coles and slant routes to Coles/Cotch/Baker would be killer to their aggressive pass rush. Slants also happened to be Favre's bread and butter last year for the Packers. Use it.

3 --Protect the football. We match up well with them on offense, no need to get fancy. Stick to the gameplan, run the ball, wear down the line, and we should be fine.

I know its easy to say I want a blowout, but I think the best chance for the Jets to win this game is if its tight going into the 4th quarter. If we have a 3 point lead going into the fourth, that would be ideal for me. It wouldnt allow Mangini/Sutton/Schotty to climb into their conservative shell and blow a big lead and potentially cost us the game. We finish the 3rd up small or tied, and we blow it open and end it in the 4th.

Thats how I see it.

Jets-24

Titans-14

Pretty good assessment.

I think you need to add in Brett needs to limit his turnovers.

Tennessee has some decent speed and their DL is one of the best. Their LBs are pretty good and their DBs are good at creating turnovers.

I think you can shut their running game down, but their D is a beast.

Play smart football and win the field position battale and you can win.

Archived