BRETT FAVRE

lancemehl

I hope I've put to rest the thread where I argued Brett was wrong, the jets were wrong and Chad was the man for our 2008 team.

I WAS WRONG!!! Now I will continue to post Favre is God style posts.

Please tell me, those of you in my category, (the pre-namath gang), I was born in 1973, if you agree with the green statement.

Up to now the jet which I would say was the MOST EXCITING PLAYER, play after play, to watch was Gastineau. It took years, he had to anchor a Line with a name "The Sack Exchange", break a sack record, make up his own dance, which got the commish involved, which led to a freaking statue. He had to also marry a movie star. We know what happened to that bum.

Klecko, Wesley, Freeman, great players, but play after play making the game exciting ala LT on our stadium roommates, who also took years and years, plus the sympathy for a crackhead factor.

Have you ever seen a player come tot this team and stir up a world of excitment, a fantasy world of "we can win it all" in 3 months.

Average games, big INT's and all, NO Jet Ever makes you feel like you can win a game like Brett Favre.( Respect to Broadway, too young.)

Good mea culpa, but I have to ask: what the heck was your thought process in believing initially that Chad rather than Favre should be the Jets QB for 2008?

It wasn't as if Favre was bad in 2007. He came in 2nd in MVP voting last year.

Good mea culpa, but I have to ask: what the heck was your thought process in believing initially that Chad rather than Favre should be the Jets QB for 2008?

I think a lot of us really didn't actually KNOW what kind of a player Favre really was...I would sit there on Sunday watching the Jets and every once in a while they'd go to the studio and show a BF TD pass and I'd say "oh that was nice" now get me back to MY game. I saw us beat him a couple of times too over the years...After watching him now I SEE what the big deal was all about...

I REALLY don't know!!! Like SoFla Jets said, i just didn't know the "aura" he carries.

I know he doesnt shattera marino record a week for nothing, but the feeling that You are 90% confident that we are scoring when we need to.

3rd and 15 , down by 7, 50 yard line, minute left........Favre vs. Pennington.

That's the end of the argument for me.

I hope I've put to rest the thread where I argued Brett was wrong, the jets were wrong and Chad was the man for our 2008 team.

I WAS WRONG!!! Now I will continue to post Favre is God style posts.

Please tell me, those of you in my category, (the pre-namath gang), I was born in 1973, if you agree with the green statement.

Up to now the jet which I would say was the MOST EXCITING PLAYER, play after play, to watch was Gastineau. It took years, he had to anchor a Line with a name "The Sack Exchange", break a sack record, make up his own dance, which got the commish involved, which led to a freaking statue. He had to also marry a movie star. We know what happened to that bum.

Klecko, Wesley, Freeman, great players, but play after play making the game exciting ala LT on our stadium roommates, who also took years and years, plus the sympathy for a crackhead factor.

Have you ever seen a player come tot this team and stir up a world of excitment, a fantasy world of "we can win it all" in 3 months.

Average games, big INT's and all, NO Jet Ever makes you feel like you can win a game like Brett Favre.( Respect to Broadway, too young.)

If you were born in 1973 you were really to young to know Mark Gastineau was not any where close to the anchor of the d-line known as "The New York Sack Exchange", it was Joe Klecko and Marty Lyons whom had to play the run and the pass because Gastineau was so selfish he would just freelance to rush the paser so he could get his glory sacks and noterarity. Mark refused to play the run. The others Salem, Klecko and Lyons had to make up for Gastineau because he was anything but a team player.

If you were born in 1973 you were really to young to know Mark Gastineau was not any where close to the anchor of the d-line known as "The New York Sack Exchange", it was Joe Klecko and Marty Lyons whom had to play the run and the pass because Gastineau was so selfish he would just freelance to rush the paser so he could get his glory sacks and noterarity. Mark refused to play the run. The others Salem, Klecko and Lyons had to make up for Gastineau because he was anything but a team player.

that was a fun line to watch wasn't it BBJ? Abdul Salaam was a tough SOB too-him Marty and Joe were not easy to run on and Gastineau for all his schtick was a GREAT pass rusher-I just hate the hot dog stuff-very Miami Dolphin

Archived