Good Candidate for Def. Coordinator

redman81

There is a ton of talk from fans about getting Bill Cowher in to replace Mangini, which I doubt will happen. But, I do think that Sutton needs to get axed. Just trying to get an idea if anyone knows any good coordinators that the Jets might be able to get. If you look at the best D's in the league(Pitt/Balt./Philly), they all get pressure on the QB through different blitzing schemes and talent. We need someone that can create that and get them to set an attitude on D. Any ideas?

There is a ton of talk from fans about getting Bill Cowher in to replace Mangini, which I doubt will happen. But, I do think that Sutton needs to get axed. Just trying to get an idea if anyone knows any good coordinators that the Jets might be able to get. If you look at the best D's in the league(Pitt/Balt./Philly), they all get pressure on the QB through different blitzing schemes and talent. We need someone that can create that and get them to set an attitude on D. Any ideas?

we need to first add talent on the d line. shaun ellis and k coleman need to be replaced

I'm just shooting from the hip here because I don't even know who it is - but it seems the Pitt LB coach knows what he is doing based on the way he develops LB's.

I don't want Romeo - not in love with what he did in Cleveland.

I just want someone to come in and instill some attitude. I want players that try to kill you when they tackle you. And we need a coordinator that isn't affraid of a god damn blitz. I can't count how many times over the past 5 weeks I've seen us rush 3 guys and they look like they are just standing there while the QB has all day to look around. Db's can't defend forever.

Greg Robinson is available now. Won a SB with Denver as a DC and got to some big bowl games at USC at the same position...

Plus, ex 'Cuse coaches have made good assistants in the past...Just look at Coach P. for the Dolphags this year...

Not a terrible idea IMO, although I wouldn't expect it to happen.

Archived