Rex Ryan & Tom Coughlin at Mayfair Farms in West Orange, N.J. - May 18 at 7 p.m. ~ ~

kelly

Posted: Monday April 6, 2009 1:24AM; Updated: Monday April 6, 2009 11:43AM

Peter King > MONDAY MORNING QB

~ ~ Weekly Paul Zimmerman/Nothing Is Impossible Benefit Update

The Dallas Cowboys have joined the party. Tedy Bruschi, too.For those who missed the news last week, we're throwing a benefit dinner, NFL hot-stove event and charity auction for Paul Zimmerman, the best football writer of our time, who has been sidelined by a series of three November strokes.

We're going to attempt to get him the aggressive, high-end therapy he desperately needs to try to resume a life of writing. Zim cannot write, speak or read as of today, but we're going to attempt to change that by dispatching him to a six-week immersion program at the University of Michigan, as well as getting him access to some of the best speech and occupational therapists in the East -- much of the costs of which are not covered by insurance. The goal, simply, is to get Dr. Z back online and back giving you the kind of insightful, no-holds-barred NFL coverage that has made him so much a part of so many fans' lives.

Again, the details:

The event, featuring Giants coach Tom Coughlin and Jets coach Rex Ryan , is set for May 18 at 7 p.m. at Mayfair Farms in West Orange, N.J. There will be an open bar beginning at 6:15, followed by dinner at 7, and a round-table with me, Coughlin and Ryan reviewing the draft and previewing the season at 8, followed by questions for the coaches from the audience. Then, at about 8:50, we're going to say thanks to the coaches, and then have a football insiders' roundtable. I'll host Adam Schefter and Sal Paolantonio -- with perhaps a surprise guest or two beyond that -- from 9 to 9:30, and then we'll announce the winners of the auction items and be on our way.

Tickets are $225 apiece, or $1,500 for a table of eight, and are available by sending a check, payable to "Dr. Z/Nothing is Impossible Foundation'' to:

Dr. Z/Nothing is Impossible Foundation

21 Pine St.

Suite 202

Rockaway, N.J. 07866

All tickets are tax-deductible.

In addition, donations may be sent to that address as well.

For further information, please e-mail me in the box that comes with this column, or e-mail Barbara Neibart, at bneibart@yahoo.com. It's likely we'll have an online element of the auction, allowing those who cannot make the event to bid on some of the items.

On each of the six Mondays leading up to the event, I'm going to highlight an auction item or two to whet your appetite for the event. Let me start with these two:

Archived