Cubs sale final

NJ

From Bleed Cubbie Blue.

-----------------------------

The family will not gain control of the team until after the baseball season ends, probably sometime in October, because there are still a few conditions of closing. Tribune Co. has been in Chapter 11 bankruptcy since December, and a major disposition of assets requires the court's blessing.

As part of the court's approval process, Tribune Co. said it will place the Cubs in Chapter 11 bankruptcy so that the franchise can "emerge free and clear" of the company's financial obligations.

The company said that the Cubs bankruptcy will not interrupt team operations, and player contracts and other agreements with ticket holders, sponsors and supplies are not expected to be affected.

Court approval is expected because Tribune Co. has run a robust sales process that has kept creditors informed throughout, sources said.

Great news!!!!

Anybody I Know????

Let's start with anybody that's got 3 Gs in his last name.

The problem is going to be finding enough suckers. Soriano still has 5 years, Bradley has at least 3 left, Dempster just signed for 5 I think, Gregg is chump change at 2.5 MM - just cut his silly azz.

The keepers in my book are:

D Lee

The Japanese guy (partially because oof his long term contract)

ARam

Theriot

Soto - unless a good offer came along

Harden

Lilly

Everybody else is on the table with initial aforementioned as GTFO here

The problem is going to be finding enough suckers. Soriano still has 5 years, Bradley has at least 3 left, Dempster just signed for 5 I think, Gregg is chump change at 2.5 MM - just cut his silly azz.

The keepers in my book are:

D Lee

The Japanese guy (partially because oof his long term contract)

ARam

Theriot

Soto - unless a good offer came along

Harden

Lilly

Everybody else is on the table with initial aforementioned as GTFO here

Sh!t.

Soriano's still got 5 years???

Talk about sitting pretty.

See him feign anger last night after a real stupid strikeout with the bases loaded.

What you upset about Fonzie?

Not much I'm sure.

Are the Cubs posting financial losses? How is that even possible?

3rd higest payroll in MLB, behind a couple of NY teams.

I'm not sure they're posting losses, but the owner Tribune is.

Must admit, the whole chapter 11 thing with the Cubs sounds kinda cheesy.

I guess I don't understand business.

Are the Cubs posting financial losses? How is that even possible?

They as an entity aren't G-zo. This was a maneuver to satisfy some legal component of the sale. I've been through the Tribune annual report with a fine tooth comb a few times before and could never extract the Cubs numbers out of it.

Archived