Joey Porter is at it again...what a douchy

Jetfan13

Porter's lawyer, wife dispute California Highway Patrol's reports

Mar303/30/2010 6:03:26 AM | More

Bakersfieldnow.com reports NFL linebacker Joey Porter has hired an attorney after his weekend arrest for allegedly driving drunk and resisting arrest.

On Monday, Christy Porter came to her husband's defense, and their attorney leveled allegations against the arresting officer.

Porter, one of the most successful athletes to hail from Bakersfield and a Foothill High School graduate, was arrested early Saturday in the parking lot of a Taco Bell in the northwest part of the city.

"There's two sides to every story," Christy Porter said at attorney Daniel Rodriguez' office. "We're here to kind of put out the fire of all the allegations that has been made against him. They are false, and we're looking to exonerate his name 100 percent."

The California Highway Patrol stopped a vehicle that was being driven by Porter's friend, and the football player stopped his vehicle behind the patrol car, according to a department news release.

One officer went to the friend who was pulled over, while another walked back to make contact with Porter. That's when the officer allegedly smelled alcohol coming from Porter's vehicle and asked for his license.

Porter allegedly refused to provide the license, and the officer directed Porter to exit vehicle. Porter reportedly responded by trying to roll up his window and slapped the officer's hand when the officer reached inside to unlock the door.

Rodriguez claimed that Officer Jeritt Greer was actually the aggressor, saying that he "hit Joey in the face."

Christy Porter said her husband couldn't address the allegations personally on Monday because he was headed to Arizona for Cardinals off-season training camp. Porter signed a three-year contract as a free agent with the Cardinals about a week ago

Since Porter pulled up behind the Cop there is no dash cam video to prove Porter is a liar.

Too bad he did't have Belicheat with him - then they'd have the video.

I don't know who to believe either, but a slap on the wrist? I get hit harder trying to make it around a crowded bar.

Too bad he did't have Belicheat with him - then they'd have the video.

I don't know who to believe either, but a slap on the wrist? I get hit harder trying to make it around a crowded bar.

Too bad Cromartie or Braylon werent there rollin with Joey. Then theyd have 3 jailbirds to lockup.

Too bad Cromartie or Braylon werent there rollin with Joey. Then theyd have 3 jailbirds to lockup.

Nah. Cro is interested in making babies - can't do that if you're drunk. Braylon would have dropped the drink handed to him, so he wouldn't be drunk either.

Too bad Brady wasn't rolling with him either - having a babe with him may have helped matters.

Archived