Tex

Maxman

Don't mess with him. You bean him, he takes out your catcher.

Not a good play by him though...being beaned is one thing, being hit on the back of the arm is a different animal. What he did to the catcher bordered on that cheap take out slide of Fosse by Rose years ago in an All Star game...Fosse never recovered from it.

I like that. Hate when players avoid the catcher. Sorry, but if the defensive player is on the basepath between you and the base, you hit them. Posada, for example, always avoids contact and it annoys the hell out of me.

I like that. Hate when players avoid the catcher. Sorry, but if the defensive player is on the basepath between you and the base, you hit them. Posada, for example, always avoids contact and it annoys the hell out of me.

Here's the thing though. Watch the replay again if you can. Wilson was not blocking the plate at all...Tex was more interested in taking him out then touching home plate...hence the fact that he had to go back and touch the plate.

Here's the thing though. Watch the replay again if you can. Wilson was not blocking the plate at all...Tex was more interested in taking him out then touching home plate...hence the fact that he had to go back and touch the plate.

Nonsense. The catcher could easily have caught that ball. He was coming back to the plate as if he had it and there was no way for Teixera to be able to judge thaty quickly if he'd get tagged or not. He did what he had to do to knock the ball loose. It's not his fault the catch was not made.

Nonsense. The catcher could easily have caught that ball. He was coming back to the plate as if he had it and there was no way for Teixera to be able to judge thaty quickly if he'd get tagged or not. He did what he had to do to knock the ball loose. It's not his fault the catch was not made.

Bob, I'm as big a Yankees fan that there is, I just think Tex was hell bent on getting even for being popped more then he was sliding home safe.

Archived