Who's got Woody's ear?

Tennessee_Jet

The guy is a businessman! He only worries about the BOTTOM LINE! So we are stuck with the deadly duo until they quit!

Well, all owners are business men.

The lines of communication are generallly very clear-They talk among other owners. There are close circles of confidantes and cliques that form, just like any other tightly held group.

If Woody were to begin to consider to start firing people from Bradway on down, who does he get advice from? Is he football savvy enough to make those decisions or does he have an inside confidant?

Anyone know?

I would guess, like Scott said, his closest football people other than Bradway and Co. might be other owners. I don't think he's got anyone in house other than the GM on down. I've got to think that the financial bottom line and wins/losses are related, and he would pull the trigger on changes if the team truly hit rock bottom. Question is, what does the Wood-man consider rock bottom?

While owners who don't know much about the sport can be good since they dont meddle much, it can be bad too. Take hockey and the Islanders. Charles Wang comes in and buys the team, which is good because he's the most solvent owner they've had in years. What's bad is that he learned hockey from his current GM "Mad" Mike Milbury. Think he'll fire him any time soon? Probably not.

I would guess, like Scott said, his closest football people other than Bradway and Co. might be other owners. I don't think he's got anyone in house other than the GM on down. I've got to think that the financial bottom line and wins/losses are related, and he would pull the trigger on changes if the team truly hit rock bottom. Question is, what does the Wood-man consider rock bottom?

While owners who don't know much about the sport can be good since they dont meddle much, it can be bad too. Take hockey and the Islanders. Charles Wang comes in and buys the team, which is good because he's the most solvent owner they've had in years. What's bad is that he learned hockey from his current GM "Mad" Mike Milbury. Think he'll fire him any time soon? Probably not.

While I don't know Woody personally (duh), I think the fact that Woody is a FAN first plays into an emotional aspect for him, and as the season tanks pride becomes involved.

Just remember with the first tanked season, supposedly, Bradway was hanging by a thread, and did not have his contract renewed early. How much of that was real is anybody's guess.

You gotta start with GM, here.

Woody would never fire a black HC before firing the white GM 1st. Not his style. Never will happen, and it probably shouldnt. They both are part of this fiasco and both should be shown the door at same time, one day after season ends.

SJ-I don't think that is the best thing to do.

If you fire Herm at the same time as Bradway, chances are you are probably firing his staff,too. That might mean that Hendu is gone with that axe.

If you have a GM ready to name in a couple of weeks, let the coaches dangle for a little while. There is no need to put them on the free market and let some decent quality run.

Make it a staged event.

SJ-I don't think that is the best thing to do.

If you fire Herm at the same time as Bradway, chances are you are probably firing his staff,too. That might mean that Hendu is gone with that axe.

If you have a GM ready to name in a couple of weeks, let the coaches dangle for a little while. There is no need to put them on the free market and let some decent quality run.

Make it a staged event.

correct, my intention is to have a GM read yto name so u can try and keep staff...

Archived