Mets' Manuel not concerned after meeting with brass

JetNation

They got so much better once they fired Willie. :rl:
As a Yankee fan, I admit it pissed me off they fired a class act like Randolph. But to replace him with an asshat like Manuel is a joke.Art Howe without the personality, Herm Edwards without the line of sheet.

It's clear; if they want any shot at a wildcard spot, the Wilpons had best eat some crow and call in Valentine. There are no better options. otherwise they are going to waste the next 4+ months and finish under .500. Admittedly Valentine brings some baggage, but if you can get the Agbayani Era Mets into the playoffs almsot every year you know baseball.

As a Yankee fan, I admit it pissed me off they fired a class act like Randolph. But to replace him with an asshat like Manuel is a joke.Art Howe without the personality, Herm Edwards without the line of sheet.

It's clear; if they want any shot at a wildcard spot, the Wilpons had best eat some crow and call in Valentine. There are no better options. otherwise they are going to waste the next 4+ months and finish under .500. Admittedly Valentine brings some baggage, but if you can get the Agbayani Era Mets into the playoffs almsot every year you know baseball.

Yeah, Willie was such a class act, he was petrified to face the media, and instead had his players face the press when things were going bad.

Say want you want about Manuel, and he is a poor manager, but he at least will take the heat from the media, rather than asking his players do it.

Facing the press is a part of any manager's responsibilities, but even more so in NY.

Willie helped create club house cliques, as he hid in his manager's office.

Yeah, some class act.

Yeah, Willie was such a class act, he was petrified to face the media, and instead had his players face the press when things were going bad.

Say want you want about Manuel, and he is a poor manager, but he at least will take the heat from the media, rather than asking his players do it.

Facing the press is a part of any manager's responsibilities, but even more so in NY.

Willie helped create club house cliques, as he hid in his manager's office.

Yeah, some class act.

Willie Randolph might not ever be a great manager, thoguh his Mets' teams got to game 7 of an NLCS and to the last day of the season. He also a decent person.

Jerry Manuel is a backstabbing moron who couldn't run a 2 car funeral. This is a guy who pitched to Derek Jeter with an open base and Mariano Rivera on deck. Manuel's great idea so far this season was batting a classic leadoff hitter in Reyes 3rd, is stupidity. Can you point to any comparative incompetence by Willie Randolph?

Either way if the Coupons want to host any playoff games in Ebbets Field 2 before Fred dies, they had best hire Bobby Valentine, and do it today.

Willie Randolph might not ever be a great manager, thoguh his Mets' teams got to game 7 of an NLCS and to the last day of the season. He also a decent person.

Jerry Manuel is a backstabbing moron who couldn't run a 2 car funeral. This is a guy who pitched to Derek Jeter with an open base and Mariano Rivera on deck. Manuel's great idea so far this season was batting a classic leadoff hitter in Reyes 3rd, is stupidity. Can you point to any comparative incompetence by Willie Randolph?

Either way if the Coupons want to host any playoff games in Ebbets Field 2 before Fred dies, they had best hire Bobby Valentine, and do it today.

Not having his players backs

Suggesting that the Mets and the organization were "racist" when the heat was on

Randolph's managing of a bullpen was atrocious

Randolph had no balls to stand up to Peterson

It was no small coincidence that players like Reyes and Delgado caught fire immediately after Randolph was dismissed-They hated the guy. He had no ability to manage a clubhouse.

Manuel took the team he inherited from Randolph, and immediately turned it around. They responded to him. That does not make him a great manager, but speaks to what Randolph had done.

Spare me with he is a "decent guy" talk. I am looking for a manager, not a best friend.

I get that he has a Yankee connection and that gets you guys hard, and that you hate anything to do with the Mets, but spare us with this Randolph crying game, he was an embarrassment as a Manager in working with his players. Maybe he is a decent bench coach, but he can't be top dog.

Not having his players backs

Suggesting that the Mets and the organization were "racist" when the heat was on

Randolph's managing of a bullpen was atrocious

Randolph had no balls to stand up to Peterson

It was no small coincidence that players like Reyes and Delgado caught fire immediately after Randolph was dismissed-They hated the guy. He had no ability to manage a clubhouse.

Manuel took the team he inherited from Randolph, and immediately turned it around. They responded to him. That does not make him a great manager, but speaks to what Randolph had done.

Spare me with he is a "decent guy" talk. I am looking for a manager, not a best friend.

I get that he has a Yankee connection and that gets you guys hard, and that you hate anything to do with the Mets, but spare us with this Randolph crying game, he was an embarrassment as a Manager in working with his players. Maybe he is a decent bench coach, but he can't be top dog.

Even if I grant youy everything you say is true, can you explain how Manuel is any better? IS there some great strategic genius about Manuel you can point to? At least Randolph got his team to game 7 of a NLCS before folding on the last day of the season.

I enjoy the baseball season better when both clubs are competitive. Yes, I'm a Yankee fan, and while I hate the Sawx, I wish no ill on the Mets. And watching them piss away another season when at least Valentine would make them interesting and possibly even competitive would be preferable to another season of mumbling dumbass Manuel making a mess again.

Even if I grant youy everything you say is true, can you explain how Manuel is any better? IS there some great strategic genius about Manuel you can point to? At least Randolph got his team to game 7 of a NLCS before folding on the last day of the season.

I enjoy the baseball season better when both clubs are competitive. Yes, I'm a Yankee fan, and while I hate the Sawx, I wish no ill on the Mets. And watching them piss away another season when at least Valentine would make them interesting and possibly even competitive would be preferable to another season of mumbling dumbass Manuel making a mess again.

I have never made a claim that Manuel is a great manager, just that Willie sucked balls.

How you can defend someone who could not manage a clubhouse of players, had players who despised him because he allowed the media to devour them, hid in the manager's office as the media was picking at the carcass, and then had the nerve to cite racism in the media when he felt heat, is really beyond me.

The man had rabbit ears and was sensitive about anything written or spoken about him, and consequently went in a shell. He did not back his players in the press, and when there was a problem, did not shield his players from the media.

At least Manuel takes a bullet and will do the upfronts with the media. He may come off as a buffoon, but it shelters the players. And that is a big thing for a clubhouse.

How you choose to defend that type of irresponsibility as a manager is completely blind homerism for a former Yankee players.

Yeah Bugg, he is a decent guy.:)

No coincidence, Willie is not a manager in the game today, nor is he considered, unless it is as a token.

Have him manage your Yankees, then see how it goes.

Archived