Sirius Radio Interview - Manish Mehta

lamont_jordan_rules

... Sirius Radio - (Ross Tucker & Peter King) - interviewed Manish Mehta ...

... a lot of discussion about the revis/mangold situations ...

mangold

... he believe one of the parties brought a new idea to the table 8 days ago & that reopened the discussion to a possible deal this year ... up until that point both sides had decided it would not get done until next season ... no specifics given on what that new idea in the negotiations was ...

... he does believe a side benefit for the jets FO was to show the revis camp & jets fans that they do take care of their own when the player is reasonable ...

revis

... can't give any credence to the dallas reporters stance of a deal working out in next 48 hours (unless he has some sort of direct pipeline to the revis camp ) ...

... manish does believe it will get worked out in next 2/3 weeks however ... both sides have too much uncertainty & to lose otherwise ...

... side note - in practice yesterday braylon edwards burned cro on 2 deep patterns (no word on if sanchez was qb or not) ...

... gave an interesting take on the wr situation after this season ...

... as we've all been assuming as well, he believes edwards & holmes are battling it out for the team retaining only 1 of them going forward ...

... while peter king (and most of us) believe it is a 50/50 race as to which wr that will be, here is what manish said ...

... santonio holmes is the clear cut leader in this race ...

... since santonio has been here - he roomed with sanchez in cortland, the 2 have established a nice bond together (on & off the field), brian shottenheimer has offered effusive praise about him to manish, he has been excellent with his play on the field and precise route running, and he has taken on the mantle of team leader with other players since his arrival ...

... manish basically believes if they both keep their noses clean & perform similarly it will be no contest that holmes is the pick ... possibly on 1 year tender to safeguard ourselves longer making sure he doesn't get in trouble again with the weed, but definitely holmes will be the choice if all things come out equal ...

end of interview

l_j_r

I have read several of this dude's tweets. I don't get him. Is he on the Jets payroll? Who does he write for exactly? I mean, he's as unbiased and objective as a stage mom at the Peach Pumpkin kindergarden beauty pagent in the heart of Georgia. He has Jets themed wallpaper on his home page. He doesn't even try to be objective. I'm just trying to figure out what his end career goal is? Jets butt-licker?

I have read several of this dude's tweets. I don't get him. Is he on the Jets payroll? Who does he write for exactly? I mean, he's as unbiased and objective as a stage mom at the Peach Pumpkin kindergarden beauty pagent in the heart of Georgia. He has Jets themed wallpaper on his home page. He doesn't even try to be objective. I'm just trying to figure out what his end career goal is? Jets butt-licker?

I thought he was on your payroll, as the guy to give you stuff to post to get you that attention you so desperately crave. :P

You're really in no position to question anyone elses' objectivity considering how you're on the jocks of every Pats' player and pretty much everyone in their organization.

You're really in no position to question anyone elses' objectivity considering how you're on the jocks of every Pats' player and pretty much everyone in their organization.

You would understand how laughable that statement is if you:

Ever saw what I have written, or have said, about that dancing fool, Lawrence Maroney. My epic bashing of the Hobbitt, my general disdain for Nick Kazcur, my hatred of Josh McDaniels and Bobby rob-me Kraft. That's just the recent stuff. You want epic bashing? Mention the names Chris Canty, Bobby Greir, Tony Eason, Ken Simms and Pete Carroll to me. Eeek!

He replaced Rich Cimini at the NY Daily News. I like Manish a lot actually. But I have to question him today. He tweeted today that Sanchez was 4 of 6 and Clemens threw a 30 yard TD during 11 on 11's.

He left out that Sanchez was 4 of 6 for somewhere around 15 yards. And Clemens was sacked twice and had 4 incompletions before the 30 yarder.

Archived