Mark Sanchez

Greenranger

No. That one he just swatted. The one he should have picked was the shovel to Tomlinson. That one is only partially on Sanchez if at all because Wake just made a sick play by somehow jumping straight up in the air right after getting cut. It looked like Richardson was open a few yards wide of LT but he may only have been there to block.

This. That play was outstanding. How the F he got that much spring with TR going right at his legs was really impressive...picking it would have been the play of the year and we'd be reminded of it forever.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Langford pass was horrid, but the Allen "near pick" was tipped by the receiver and then Allen had to go diving for it and still wasn't able to even get there before the ball hit the ground. Hardly the horrible play from Sanchez you're trying to make it out to be. Outside of those, I have no idea where you're coming up with 4 near picks from, but I guess whatever helps you sleep at night. If I recall, with the game on the line your QB threw one that was a little more than just near a pick, but what does that matter, right?

That was Allen's second near pick. The first was before the end of the half down the right sideline in the general direction of David Clowney.

As for Henne's pick. No one was open, what was he supposed to do throw it away? The Jets Defensive staff deserves credit b/c our OC was obviously expecting a blitz. Instead he got a 3 man rush and double coverage on all of our receivers. Checkmate.

Thanks for the reminder, saves me from having to retype it. It may seem off base right now, but it would've seemed equally off base after 3 weeks last year. And like I said, we could easily be talking about how Sanchez gave the game away with that idiotic pass to L.T. But whatever, enjoy the win, you guys played a hell of a game.

Right Langford. That was the only one that I remember that was a for sure should have been caught. The others would have been impressive plays. That one was a gimmie and Langford missed it.

And dont be bitter because like RJF pointed out, you are totally wrong on your assessment of the kid. Clearly the coaches have a ton of confidence in him and he's supporting that confidence. There is plenty to get carried away about if your a Jets fan. Whether its warranted in the long run is yet to be seen, but there is definitely plenty for Jets fans to be excited about when it comes to Mark Sanchez.

IMO the one before halftime was a routine play that I'd expect a high school corner to make. But that's exactly what Allen played like. There were several routine plays that he totally blew it on. The TD to Edwards, and the 3rd and 10 on the last drive. Meh.

As for confidence, yes he's been playing much better the past two weeks. But you can't deny that he didn't reward the coaches' confidence by throwing the ball right into the hands of a defender when the obvious play would've been to throw it away or take a sack. Kudos to him for coming right back and making a good throw on the next play and finishing the drive tho. It was an impressive performance by him.

IMO the one before halftime was a routine play that I'd expect a high school corner to make. But that's exactly what Allen played like. There were several routine plays that he totally blew it on. The TD to Edwards, and the 3rd and 10 on the last drive. Meh.

As for confidence, yes he's been playing much better the past two weeks. But you can't deny that he didn't reward the coaches' confidence by throwing the ball right into the hands of a defender when the obvious play would've been to throw it away or take a sack. Kudos to him for coming right back and making a good throw on the next play and finishing the drive tho. It was an impressive performance by him.

He's not the only QB to make a bone headed play, young or old. Last year it was just one after another during certain stints throughout the season. He really hasnt made any absolutely terrible decision outside of the Langford shovel pass and luckily, it didnt hurt us.

CB's blow routine plays all the time. Thats the game. Great WR's take advantage of it. Hell, the Pats offense is based on making CB blow "routine" plays.

Looks good. Was a little off on a couple throws that didnt end up hurting us, but overall, you gotta be happy with what you are seeing. He looks very comfortable in the pocket, he is clearly reading better, and has a command of the play book. Even playing with a little swagger.

Hope the model keeps it up. 6 TD's 0 INT's. Got the Dolphag monkey off his back, he's 2-1 vs. Brady, and we are in first place of the AFCE. I'm pretty please with this kid.

Seriously. I was totally aggravated after watching him act immature on Hard Knocks and his lackluster first game. He looks like he did at the beginning of the year last year. Hopefully he stays that way. If he does we will have some home games in the pre-season. With Santonia getting plugged in after this week he will be tuff to stop.

Seriously. I was totally aggravated after watching him act immature on Hard Knocks and his lackluster first game. He looks like he did at the beginning of the year last year. Hopefully he stays that way. If he does we will have some home games in the pre-season. With Santonia getting plugged in after this week he will be tuff to stop.

Me too, mt...me too. He was making me all like, wtf model? Do you even like Football? Now I'm like, there you go model, you love Football.

I think you meant post-season btw...but I'm here for you to correct your mistakes because I <3 your soul.

Cant wait to see this offense with Holmes.

Me too, mt...me too. He was making me all like, wtf model? Do you even like Football? Now I'm like, there you go model, you love Football.

I think you meant post-season btw...but I'm here for you to correct your mistakes because I <3 your soul.

Exactly. he looked like an obnoxious teenager on Hardnocks more interested pranking Schotty then getting better. First game he looked usefless and lost, for now Im ok with thinking that was more a function of Baltimore's defense than anything else. We will see when we face some of the tuffer D's later on. Santonio should help this.

No i didn't sweet one. I meant his start last year against the Texans and a couple games after that. He was awesome the start of last year then started to tank. Picked back up in the post season. Good looking out though Bup-z, good to know you care.

No i didn't sweet one. I meant his start last year against the Texans and a couple games after that. He was awesome the start of last year then started to tank. Picked back up in the post season. Good looking out though Bup-z, good to know you care.

Gawd we are sooooo good together.

Archived