Mark Sanchez

Greenranger

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good. Was a little off on a couple throws that didnt end up hurting us, but overall, you gotta be happy with what you are seeing. He looks very comfortable in the pocket, he is clearly reading better, and has a command of the play book. Even playing with a little swagger.

Hope the model keeps it up. 6 TD's 0 INT's. Got the Dolphag monkey off his back, he's 2-1 vs. Brady, and we are in first place of the AFCE. I'm pretty please with this kid.

Never doubted the kid btw. He had it from day 1. Those growing pains are so helpful now, you heard what Collinsworth said about how he threw some passes away that he normally would have thrown etc.

HE HAS GROWN UP.

He always had the talent, just lacked the maturity. It's coming and this guy is going to be an all-pro QB in this league. Wouldn't be shocked if it came as soon as this season, his BEST weapon isn't even on the field.

Scary!

how about that clutch 3rd down pass on the final drive?

this was the toughest 3 consecutive game stretch of defenses he'll get all year and although he got beat up vs Baltimore he still passed the test through the 3 games

be smart vs buffalo mark get to 3-1 without holmes and were golden

This is where I go "I told you so" to all the people I was arguing with:

I TOLD YOU SO!

Of course you won't see any of them apologize or admit they were wrong. All we have is guys that didn't really throw him under the bus admitting he has gotten good, not the people that said he was a bust and would always suck.

Never doubted the kid btw. He had it from day 1. Those growing pains are so helpful now, you heard what Collinsworth said about how he threw some passes away that he normally would have thrown etc.

HE HAS GROWN UP.

He always had the talent, just lacked the maturity. It's coming and this guy is going to be an all-pro QB in this league. Wouldn't be shocked if it came as soon as this season, his BEST weapon isn't even on the field.

Scary!

Oh boy when Santonio gets on the field week 5, (might take a week or 2 to get there timing down) this will be a special offense, lets double DKNY, yea but what about BE, ok lets double him, but wat what about SH420, ok lets double him, but wait what about LDT, oh sh*t were ****ed.

This is where I go "I told you so" to all the people I was arguing with:

I TOLD YOU SO!

Of course you won't see any of them apologize or admit they were wrong. All we have is guys that didn't really throw him under the bus admitting he has gotten good, not the people that said he was a bust and would always suck.

Kid is going to be ******* GREAT!

There was this one pass that he threw into tight double coverage that was just ridiculous. That window was absurdly tight, there isn't a QB in the league, aside from maybe Cutler when he is "ON" that could have done it better. At most maybe even 3 other QBs could have fit it in there even.

I love this pass first offense. It's what I've been campaigning for since the off season. This is how you win in the NFL. The first year you have a rookie QB you have to run it a lot, but second year you have to start opening it up and you have to IGNORE their bad games. Even top QBs have bad games but in NY everyone is too harsh on the QBs. Schaub has had two crappy games so far, Brees has had 2 underwhelming games, Brady disappeared last week.

Actually Sanchez is right now a top 3 QB, especially if you took away that ridiculous 1st game where he wasn't allowed to do anything, and which the Jets win if the game plan was to attack the secondary. But I can live with that loss because somehow that 1 point loss completely changed the philosophy of this team.

Yup.. looks good. lots of things to be happy about. i don't think he's going to play like this week in and week out, but you have to be happy with him.

He's gonna have a bad game here and there but so does every other QB - even the best.

If he can consistently play like he has the last two weeks - we might just have something special.

Looks good. Was a little off on a couple throws that didnt end up hurting us, but overall, you gotta be happy with what you are seeing. He looks very comfortable in the pocket, he is clearly reading better, and has a command of the play book. Even playing with a little swagger.

Hope the model keeps it up. 6 TD's 0 INT's. Got the Dolphag monkey off his back, he's 2-1 vs. Brady, and we are in first place of the AFCE. I'm pretty please with this kid.

But dude, he was also dead on with some other passes. That 2nd TD pass to Keller I sat on my couch, jaw dropped and thought "holy crap, that is an incredible throw". That was the first time I ever let myself really believe Sanchez might develop into something more than average.

Just imagine what Sanchez' numbers would have been if he had played against a totally gassed defense from the North East last night!

The criticism of him after the Ravens game was completely unwarranted. He had a bad game because both Rex and Schotty told him not to make any mistakes, which means don't make any plays.

There were people ready to dump him after 20 starts, even if he took them to the AFCCG.

In these first 3 games he has been the Jets best player.

He is the key to the AFCE. If he's good, the Jets walk away with the division. If he's bad the Jets will be in a Vick-fight for the WC.

Just imagine what Sanchez' numbers would have been if he had played against a totally gassed defense from the North East last night!

The criticism of him after the Ravens game was completely unwarranted. He had a bad game because both Rex and Schotty told him not to make any mistakes, which means don't make any plays.

There were people ready to dump him after 20 starts, even if he took them to the AFCCG.

In these first 3 games he has been the Jets best player.

He is the key to the AFCE. If he's good, the Jets walk away with the division. If he's bad the Jets will be in a Vick-fight for the WC.

And he's making much better decisions. On that final drive Shotty called a pass play on 2nd down (which I hated) and Sanchez ended up putting it up and out of the endzone. Enough that our receiver could've made and incredible play and come down with it but the main point of the pass was to keep it away from the Phins and out. Seems like nothing but I think that speaks bounds to where he is. Last year he would've tried to gun it in.

But dude, he was also dead on with some other passes. That 2nd TD pass to Keller I sat on my couch, jaw dropped and thought "holy crap, that is an incredible throw". That was the first time I ever let myself really believe Sanchez might develop into something more than average.

The funny thing is, he threw that exact same pass to J-Co for a TD last week.

Sanchez is deadly on that throw.

That 3rd and 10 to Braylon was a SPECTACULAR pass.

No, it really wasn't. This is getting a little carried away. Sanchez's last two games have been his best two games. That's enough to hold the legitimate criticisms in abeyance, so it ought to be enough to obviate the need to give him credit he doesn't deserve. That wasn't a spectacular pass or even an especially good one. He's always going to struggle with that throw because he just doesn't have the velocity. He timed it as well as he possibly could have and it was still late. Allen just blew it. Sanchez made the best read and the best throw of his career on the second touchdown to Keller. Do we really need to gush about the one he merely got away with?

4 real?

I thought that he *might* in his first game in houston..

Then other games I thought he looked more like a future ryan leaf :D

No, it really wasn't. This is getting a little carried away. Sanchez's last two games have been his best two games. That's enough to hold the legitimate criticisms in abeyance, so it ought to be enough to obviate the need to give him credit he doesn't deserve. That wasn't a spectacular pass or even an especially good one. He's always going to struggle with that throw because he just doesn't have the velocity. He timed it as well as he possibly could have and it was still late. Allen just blew it. Sanchez made the best read and the best throw of his career on the second touchdown to Keller. Do we really need to gush about the one he merely got away with?

This.

Also, lets not forget the sentiment after the Ravens game or the horrible stretch after last years September love fest.

I remain a cautiously optimistic skeptic. (Is this oxymoronic?)

4 real?

I thought that he *might* in his first game in houston..

Then other games I thought he looked more like a future ryan leaf :D

Actually the way I felt last year was pretty simply not to expect much last year out of him. 16 college starts and just really raw. But the game that made me feel "leaf" was that Atlanta game. That was just so ugly I pretty much thought he'd be... average, serviceable, at best. People touted our play-off run and how well he played and all I saw was, average, serviceable. Ravens game seemed like he had lots of voices in his head screaming CHECKDOWN!!! These past two games he's made really nice throws when he's had to and at times carried our offense. I'm not saying he's going to be all-time great. But I think he can be a very good QB in this league that you'll have to respect when game-planning.

What is wrong with Sanchez's velocity?

Kid looks outstanding. 3 TD's in back-to-back weeks without the team's deadliest receiver.

It's more than stats, though. QB rating is nice but that often suffers through no fault of the passer. Guys dropping passes, awful play design, receivers running the wrong pattern, poor blocking up front, etc.

What I liked is how comfortable he's looked in the pocket & how he's surveying the field better. That stuff really comes in time. Some just get it years & years ahead of others. Not even saying that is Sanchez yet, because it's 2 games and I've seen friggin' Derek Anderson put up better stats in back-to-back games as well. But it's great to see all the same and hope we get more of the same.

He doesn't have much when it comes to quick outs. This isn't anything new. The difference between this year and the last is his timing and knowing when to not throw it.

Disagree...but hey, I'd say more than half of the NFL QB's have less velocity than Sanchez.

Archived