UNCW @ Florida - Friday night

Jetsfan80

Ha!!!

It will be a great experience for them. The O-Dome will be rocking on Friday night. And we got South Carolina coming in for the game that decides who's reppin the east in the SEC Championship.

Any players I should look out for?

Our best player is sophomore forward Keith Rendleman (# 2). He's 6-7, 215 lbs. and very athletic. We have almost no interior players to speak of other than Rendleman, so he'll be getting a LOT of minutes.

Also look out for Chad Tomko (# 5), a 5-11 senior guard who is really quick and has limitless range. He's a bald kid with a giant alien head, several times yelled "f*** you!" at our previous coach, and is also prone to make boneheaded mistakes, so either way, you'll notice him. He's always reminded me of "The Professor" from the "And 1" videos.

We made 4 NCAA Tournaments between 2000 and 2006 but have tumbled as a program since then. We're only now starting to right the ship, with a new AD, a new Chancellor on the way, and new coach Buzz Peterson. Buzz has coached all over the place and had success at every stop, so I'm confident we're in good hands going forward. Year 1, however, will have lots of growing pains. Next year, 7 new recruits are coming in, one of the largest recruiting classes I've ever seen.

Archived