2011 Jets Roster

Lupz27

QB Sanchez, Brunell, Ainge

RB Greene, McNight, and a cheap FA pickup

FB Conner

TE Keller, FA pickup someone like John Gilmore, Jeff Cumberland

WR Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery, then need to figure something out after that either through late draft picks or cheap FA pickups

OL D'Brick, Slausen, Mangold, Moore, Hunter/Turner/Ducasse should be enough to get it done and be a top unit again

DL Devito, Pryce, (Rex loves him and I think he will be back on the cheap), Pouha, and the piece everyone is forgetting about Ropati Pitioatoa (spelling), plus add some cheap depth, through late draft or FA, and I think we will be ok.

OLB Pace, (he is going to be here whether you like it or not), Woodley (******* beast need to figure away to snag him), Westerman, and add a piece through the draft and or FA.

MLB Bart Scott, Martez Wilson (1st round draft pick, letting Harris walk will make this our #1 need, he runs a 4.6 40 and is 6'4" BEAST) Laury, Maulga.

CB Revis, Wilson, (we drafted him in the first round to start, and I for one think he will be much better next season playing outside at all times) Cole, and then plug in the other 2 or 3 guys through draft or FA on the cheap.

S Leohnard, DeAndre Mcdanial (Possible 3rd round pick might have to trade up to get him, he has first round talent but has troubles off the field, figure we are gonna get some comp picks as well this season so shouldnt be hard to trade up to get him.) Lowery, Ihedigbo

You could also go all in by not signing Woodley, and go after Asmougha, or Bailey, its all about preference, weaken the pass rush or make the CB's the greatest combo possibly ever.

Guys gone, LT, Richardson, Clemens, B. Smith, Hartstock, Woody, Jenkins, Ellis, Thomas, Taylor, Harris, Pool, Cromartie, and Coleman, these being the list of contributors, New guys brought in, Woodley (of the expensive variety) Notable draft pieces Martez Wilson, and DeAndre McDanial.

Getting rid of those guys should free up enough money to sign Edwards, Holmes, and Woodley, or Bailey, or Aso, depending on your opinion of best db's ever or an actual pass rush.

What do you guys think could we win a Super Bowl with this roster? And do you think it is possible salary cap wise to put it together?

I dont think we need an overhaul at all, we just need a youth movement on our front 7. And that doesnt mean we need to replace everyone with spring chickens...just get some youngens in to either push the older guys out or give them much needed rest.

And good point with Ropati. They were loving that guy on Hard Knocks. Rex was pissed off when they lost him for the season.

I dont think we need an overhaul at all, we just need a youth movement on our front 7. And that doesnt mean we need to replace everyone with spring chickens...just get some youngens in to either push the older guys out or give them much needed rest.

And good point with Ropati. They were loving that guy on Hard Knocks. Rex was pissed off when they lost him for the season.

Thats why I said a little overhaul, mainly weeding out the older expensive players and replacing them with youth like you said.

As a former DE coach, dlineman coach, linebacker coach and multiple time defensive coordinator, Rex knows his linebackers and defensive lineman as well as anyone. If there's any promise in guys like Pito, Gilbert, Westerman or Muaga making solid contributions and if he thinks he can replace harris and others with these other players he will do so. He's clearly going to have a lot of say in the upcoming draft and personnel decisions as he is ultimately responsible for the finished product on the field. I just really have no idea where this draft will head, until we see how the CBA plays out and what players of our own we sign.

I don't think we need a huge overhaul, i think picking the right guys to keep our offense moving forward and than getting some young guys on defense will work just fine. I think our receiving corp will still be fantastic if we keep one of braylon/holmes, split cotch out wide and get a slot/posession guy like devone bess.

Besides Ngata being #1 FA on the wishlist, which there's zero possibility of him leaving bmore, i think woodley would have to be the next on the list. He could be ryan's suggs. I for one would be willing to part ways with harris and thomas to sign someone like woodley, i just feel an ILB like Harris is more easily replaceable than finding someone like woodley.

Rex will not sit back and allow Harris or Cro to go anywhere. There will be alot of restructuring of current contracts.

I love Harris, but he couldnt beat Kris Jenkins in a race, and thats not gonna cut it against the Pats, Colts, and any other team that can spread you out.

Cromartie=Pussy which Rex hates, plus if you want to sign Cro, why wouldnt you just go the extra couple of mill for the 10x better Aso, or Bailey, which I also listed as options. Dunta Robinson got 10 mill per, Cromartie is gonna start there and he is not even close to worth it. If he takes half that then yes sign his a$$ but if not then adios.

Rex will not sit back and allow Harris or Cro to go anywhere. There will be alot of restructuring of current contracts.

I think Cro very well may be gone depending on how much he demands. We did spend a first round pick on Wilson last year even if he didn't have a good rookie year he's still developing. I will be shocked if Harris isn't back, I heard on the radio today that the Jets and Harris pretty much already have a deal in place anyway just couldn't get it done because of all the uncapped year rules.

As a former DE coach, dlineman coach, linebacker coach and multiple time defensive coordinator, Rex knows his linebackers and defensive lineman as well as anyone. If there's any promise in guys like Pito, Gilbert, Westerman or Muaga making solid contributions and if he thinks he can replace harris and others with these other players he will do so. He's clearly going to have a lot of say in the upcoming draft and personnel decisions as he is ultimately responsible for the finished product on the field. I just really have no idea where this draft will head, until we see how the CBA plays out and what players of our own we sign.

I don't think we need a huge overhaul, i think picking the right guys to keep our offense moving forward and than getting some young guys on defense will work just fine. I think our receiving corp will still be fantastic if we keep one of braylon/holmes, split cotch out wide and get a slot/posession guy like devone bess.

Besides Ngata being #1 FA on the wishlist, which there's zero possibility of him leaving bmore, i think woodley would have to be the next on the list. He could be ryan's suggs. I for one would be willing to part ways with harris and thomas to sign someone like woodley, i just feel an ILB like Harris is more easily replaceable than finding someone like woodley.

Exactly, and im telling you look this Martez Wilson kid up he is going to be a 34 ILB beast.

Archived