PFW's Nolan Nawrocki eviscerates Cam Newton

T0mShane

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/03/29/cam-newton-scouting-report

Negatives: Played in a simplified, run-first, dive-option read offense with very basic high-low reads. Worked exclusively out of the gun and was very quick to run at the first flash of coverage. Limited field vision — does not process the passing game. Inconsistent throwing mechanics with a flick delivery — generates all of his power from his upper-body strength and too often arms the ball. Streaky passer with spotty accuracy. Makes his receivers work hard and throws into coverage. Does not spin a tight spiral. Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room. Only a one-year producer. Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.

Summary: An extremely talented, dual-threat QB who carried Auburn to a national title, Newton has the arm and athletic talent desired in a rollout, play-action, bootleg vertical passing game and would fit ideally into an offense such as that of the Redskins or Raiders. However, he always will test the rules, be difficult to manage and lacks the intangibles to win the trust of a locker room. Will require a very strong-willed, demanding coach to live up to his potential and avoid the trappings of fame and fortune, but even the greatest taskmaster will not be able to keep away the drama that is still swirling from a stained Heisman Trophy and littered recruiting trail that Newton left in the SEC. Can provide an initial spark, but will quickly be dissected and contained by NFL defensive coordinators, struggle to sustain success and will not prove worthy of an early investment. An overhyped, high-risk, high-reward selection with a glaring bust factor, Newton is sure to be drafted more highly than he should and could foreclose a risk-taking GM's job and taint a locker room.NFL projection: Top-15 pick.

I think Nawrocki's stock in trade is culling reports from scouts and personnel people. Regardless, that track record of off-the-field stuff has to scare you.

the Panthers staff says they never talked to him either... wonder who he did talk to...

meanwhile there was a report of Gabbert fighting last year ... no one brings this up but Newton never got in trouble for anything like this...

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=196114&catid=3

the Panthers staff says they never talked to him either... wonder who he did talk to.

I don't know, brother. But, there isn't one draft breakdown of Newton out there that doesn't include red flags regarding his personality. I don't think Nawrocki had to travel too far to find someone to tell him that Newton was a wackjob. If I had the Panthers' pick, I'd be more than happy to watch Newton go by. If he turns out to be Steve Young, I deal with it. But, if he turns out to be Ryanakili Smithleaf, which seems more likely, then I feel pretty good about it. You can't miss on QBs that high and not lose five years as a franchise.

the Panthers staff says they never talked to him either... wonder who he did talk to...

meanwhile there was a report of Gabbert fighting last year ... no one brings this up but Newton never got in trouble for anything like this...

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=196114&catid=3

As for Gabbert's alleged fight, it's not exactly stealing laptops, lying to cops, failing out, then getting yourself caught up in your daddy's extortion plot either, is it?

As for Gabbert's alleged fight, it's not exactly stealing laptops, lying to cops, failing out, then getting yourself caught up in your daddy's extortion plot either, is it?

I believe Newton as an 18 year old made some mistakes. I don't believe Newton in 2010 took money or knew about his dad taking money. the NCAA had no evidence to make him ineligible.

on the other hand if Cam Newton fought someone in a pizza parlor he'd be crucified.

I dont buy that the Panthers "can't risk" taking Newton. Here's what they can't risk, another year with Clausen. That dude is so bad he makes Kellen Clemens look good. That team literally could lose more games with Clausen. they could lose 15 games. How can they wait?

I believe Newton as an 18 year old made some mistakes. I don't believe Newton in 2010 took money or knew about his dad taking money. the NCAA had no evidence to make him ineligible.

You don't think Cam may have been curious as to why his dad told he couldn't go to Mississippi State and had to go to Auburn? How'd that conversation go?

Cam: "Nice Escalade, dad! By the way, I'm going to Mississippi State!"

Dad: "No."

I dont buy that the Panthers "can't risk" taking Newton. Here's what they can't risk, another year with Clausen. That dude is so bad he makes Kellen Clemens look good. That team literally could lose more games with Clausen. they could lose 15 games. How can they wait?

Wait for what? Wait to invest a sh*tload of cash in a guy with a ridiculous amount of red flags? Are the Panthers faithful crying out in desperate need for Cam Newton? Is Cam Newton a guarantee of ten wins, despite the fact that he's never played in a pro style offense in his life?

You don't think Cam may have been curious as to why his dad told he couldn't go to Mississippi State and had to go to Auburn? How'd that conversation go?

all players take money. it's like getting mad that they juice. I'd be madder if they didn't juice.

there was an ESPN 30 for 30 about SMU, apparently Texas A&M bought Eric Dickerson a gold trans am to get him to committ. When he broke the committ and went to SMU it was like no honor among thieves he didn't honor the bribe! and that was 30 years ago.

Wait for what? Wait to invest a sh*tload of cash in a guy with a ridiculous amount of red flags? Are the Panthers faithful crying out in desperate need for Cam Newton? Is Cam Newton a guarantee of ten wins, despite the fact that he's never played in a pro style offense in his life?

1st off the days of the Sam Bradford 50 mil bonus baby are over. the CBA, whenever it comes, will cut down on rookie salaries... by a huge factor. And yes I think Cam Newton gets a 2-14 team up to 7-9 or 8-8. Sam Bradford played in a spread, so did Colt McCoy, they were both effective as rookies.

Here's what Cam newton brings: a chance. He gives your team a chance. In that locker room, when the starting QB is Cam Newton everyone knows they have a fighting chance. With Clausen no one respects or even likes that dude, they all check out.

Sounds like the groundwork for a bet, Matt. I'll bet you that Cam Newton, in four years, has a losing record as a starter and is not on the roster of the team that drafts him because he takes the cash and decides he's Scarface.

Sounds like the groundwork for a bet, Matt. I'll bet you that Cam Newton, in four years, has a losing record as a starter and is not on the roster of the team that drafts him because he takes the cash and decides he's Scarface.

Im not interested in that bet. Im interested in betting you that Carolina takes Cam Newton at 1 overall. You can have "the field."

I learned this lesson a long time ago: the draft is not about what you or I or another reasonably intelligent person would do. It's about what 32 maniacs would do.

Im not interested in that bet. Im interested in betting you that Carolina takes Cam Newton at 1 overall. You can have "the field."

I learned this lesson a long time ago: the draft is not about what you or I or another reasonably intelligent person would do. It's about what 32 maniacs would do.

Lol @ maniacs. So true. I'll take that bet.

"that's racism, I love to racism, bro"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJoaNDPWC0g

btw has any1 what Nolan Nawrocki looks like?

what-does-nolan-nawrocki-have-to-say-about-the-rest-of-the-draftc.jpg

dont mind the kindly white man with a completely shaved head.

and while im ranting

no matter how bad you or I think this pick is, it can't be worse than Al Davis passing on Megatron for Jamarcus Russel.

You race-baiting mother****er!!! :D

Nawrocki killed my man-love Matt Leinart for his attitude, too. Maybe he's just pro-chinaman.

Archived