NYJETS turn players away 2nd day

visajets

Jets players once again told they can't work out at team facility

Published: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 10:24 AM Updated: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 10:24 AM

By Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger The Star-Ledger

Nick Laham/GettyD'Brickashaw Ferguson was one of the Jets players who was told he cannot work out at the team's Florham Park facility today.

For the second straight day since a federal judge ruled to lift the NFL lockout, a few Jets players reported to the team's Florham Park facility.

Left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson and defensive lineman Mike DeVito arrived just after 9 a.m. and stayed for 10 to 15 minutes -- "Groundhog Day," DeVito joked, referring to the repeat of Tuesday.

The players were once again met by Director of Football Administration Ari Nissim and Director of Player Personnel Dave Szott and told that they could not work out at the facility. Ferguson and DeVito, who were among the six players who reported Tuesday, both have sizable offseason workout bonuses in their contracts.

I know this part is a game but this just blows my mind! Players want to work out in Florham Park but can't. Unreal.

i think want to get paid is probably more accurate.. I don't have any details either, so could be wrong.. seems to me though that if the team lets them workout on thier facility, and thier job is to workout, that they'd have to pay out bonuses or whatever..

Archived