Is Greg McElroy not aware that the proper reaction to be drafted late is to cry like an infant?

T0mShane

So his time is past, and the stories are exaggerated and unverified? Probably right.

legend [ˈlɛdʒənd]n1. a popular story handed down from earlier times whose truth has not been ascertained2. a group of such stories the Arthurian legend3. a modern story that has taken on the characteristics of a traditional legendary tale4. a person whose fame or notoriety makes him a source of exaggerated or romanticized tales or exploits5. an inscription or title, as on a coin or beneath a coat of arms6. explanatory matter accompanying a table, map, chart, etc.7. (Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms)a. a story of the life of a saintb. a collection of such stories[C14 (in the sense: a saint's life or a collection of saints' lives): from Medieval Latin legenda passages to be read, from Latin legere to read]legendry n

You managed to make the term "legend" an insult. Kudos to you my good man!

Damn you. I hadn't thought about this until now, but my son didn't get drafted, as a matter of fact he didn't even play college football. I'm sobbing quietly to myself right now, while everyone in my office thinks I am a big pussy.

So then you dont know what its like. May you never have to experience the pain thats is involved with your child being drafted to play QB in the NFL. Its a traumatizing event for a family to go through, one I wouldnt wish upon anyone and their families. Cant imagine going through such a thing. Probably didnt sleep for weeks.

The only thing that you can hope for is that love will bring you together in the face of such a tragic event. Thats what strong families do when the going gets tough. They link together and get through as a family. Those Brady's are strong, real strong.

I am very excited about McElroy's future with this team. Now obviously, this is Sanchez's team now and moving forward; however, Sanchez does have a bit of an injury history. The importance of a solid back-up QB is wildly understated in my eyes. In a future year, we may be in a dog fight to get into the playoffs and a minor Sanchez injury, one that would cause him to miss 1-2 games, can be the difference between making the postseason and not. In times like these, I find that the incoming QB's ability to calm the team and make smart decisions are far more important than his actual athletic talent. Over the course of a season, I imagine that McElroy may be exposed, but I feel confident that this is a kid who if developed properly can win a big game from time to time if necessary.

Maybe he and Ellis can hang out...shoot, invite Holmes over and spark 'em up. Perpahs Edwards can stop by with some Patron...surely he will use the Jets limosine service this time. Kevin Faulk will be forced to retire soon - he can be their runner. He likes the weed too. Forget Ainge though. He's getting clean and hanging with Deacon Uncle Ainge in very posh Wellesley, MA.

Yes, because meth and pot are like the same thing, great comparison.

Archived