Next for Mr. T - sign Braylon and Tone

DMaynard

Good draft despite 30th position and no 2nd round pick. Now let's sign both of these guys. I know we have other FAs to worry about as well, but I think signing both of these guys are our single biggest priority. I don't even want to discuss which one is more important or likely to sign. It is irrelevent if we do not sign both. Without them, I don't see anyway we get back to the Championship game for a chance to go all of the way. Sanchez is ready to ascend into the elite of NFL QBs and losing either one of them will hinder that.

If anyone can do it, Mr. T can. And Rex.

Good draft despite 30th position and no 2nd round pick. Now let's sign both of these guys. I know we have other FAs to worry about as well, but I think signing both of these guys are our single biggest priority. I don't even want to discuss which one is more important or likely to sign. It is irrelevent if we do not sign both. Without them, I don't see anyway we get back to the Championship game for a chance to go all of the way. Sanchez is ready to ascend into the elite of NFL QBs and losing either one of them will hinder that.

If anyone can do it, Mr. T can. And Rex.

So much depends on the new CBA (if any). It just may not be realistic to sign both and I'm resigned to probably losing one and praying we don't lose both. Although it would be a setback, we would still go into the season with two experienced, solid WRs and a very good receiving TE. Three veteran receiving targets. Thin...but probably not much worse than most teams. We'll just have to sign or develop two more instead of one but I don't think it will be the disaster you're fearing *IF* Sanchez develops his game. That, IMO is way more important than a third stud WR, no matter which of them we lose.

So much depends on the new CBA (if any). It just may not be realistic to sign both and I'm resigned to probably losing one and praying we don't lose both. Although it would be a setback, we would still go into the season with two experienced, solid WRs and a very good receiving TE. Three veteran receiving targets. Thin...but probably not much worse than most teams. We'll just have to sign or develop two more instead of one but I don't think it will be the disaster you're fearing *IF* Sanchez develops his game. That, IMO is way more important than a third stud WR, no matter which of them we lose.

That is my fear. I think it will really adversely affect Sanchez's development if we lose one of them. If we do lose one of them, I hope I am wrong. I agree that Sanchez's further development is the most important factor entering this year.

That is my fear. I think it will really adversely affect Sanchez's development if we lose one of them. If we do lose one of them, I hope I am wrong. I agree that Sanchez's further development is the most important factor entering this year.

Sanchez had his 4 best games without Holmes last season.

Well, best in terms of statistics. In terms of his 4th quarter performances, you could say otherwise.

Sanchez had his 4 best games without Holmes last season.

Well, best in terms of statistics. In terms of his 4th quarter performances, you could say otherwise.

He was terrible in the opener against Balt, which we lost. Of the next three games without Holmes, yes, Sanchez had very good games, but keep in mind one was against a young NE defense which was terrible at the start of the season and against the horrible Bills, who are held as the benchmark of dubious success by some people (i.e. - a young RB who gains 150 yards and scores two TDs against them is irrelevant - certainly not as important as the fact that said young RB threw up in training camp).

And those 4th quarter performances, mainly on the back of Holmes, were quite impressive.

He was terrible in the opener against Balt, which we lost. Of the next three games without Holmes, yes, Sanchez had very good games, but keep in mind one was against a young NE defense which was terrible at the start of the season and against the horrible Bills, who are held as the benchmark of dubious success by some people (i.e. - a young RB who gains 150 yards and scores two TDs against them is irrelevant - certainly not as important as the fact that said young RB threw up in training camp).

And those 4th quarter performances, mainly on the back of Holmes, were quite impressive.

That first game Sanchez wasn't allowed to do anything, and we changed philosophies right after that.

Most of the teams we played all season didn't really have good defenses anyway. We played a lot of weak teams. The Packers were injured, and even the Bears defense was terrible that day. One of the reasons we needed so many 4th quarter comebacks is because the offense would do nothing for the rest of the game. Once in the playoffs it did catch up to us, not only did the offense do pretty much nothing the first half against the Steelers, the defense also decided it would slip up and allow 17 points in a half. If the offense scores even 10 points in the first half, that is a totally different game. Instead, not only does it not score, it gift wraps another TD for the Steelers.

And it was so obvious it was coming. I'm sure I was yelling in that thread "why do we always call the same plays? Why is it always run on first down? Does Schitty really think he can fool the defense by doing something different when we're down by a lot?" and lo and behold it's a play action pass and a turnover, because the Steelers just played the situation. That's Schitty for you, fooling only the truly stupid. Who would lose even easier if you don't even try to fool them, because they are stupid to begin with and always do the wrong thing anyway. Like the Texans, who decide that they will give up the deep sideline pass late in a game up by a score. I'm sure their defensive coordinator thought "they are expecting us to guard the sideline, let's GIVE them the deep pass and sideline there, that will trick them."

People that do the wrong thing because they think they are fooling somebody else and then fail are not geniuses, they are losers and beginners. Schitty sucks.

That first game Sanchez wasn't allowed to do anything, and we changed philosophies right after that.

Most of the teams we played all season didn't really have good defenses anyway. We played a lot of weak teams. The Packers were injured, and even the Bears defense was terrible that day. One of the reasons we needed so many 4th quarter comebacks is because the offense would do nothing for the rest of the game. Once in the playoffs it did catch up to us, not only did the offense do pretty much nothing the first half against the Steelers, the defense also decided it would slip up and allow 17 points in a half. If the offense scores even 10 points in the first half, that is a totally different game. Instead, not only does it not score, it gift wraps another TD for the Steelers.

And it was so obvious it was coming. I'm sure I was yelling in that thread "why do we always call the same plays? Why is it always run on first down? Does Schitty really think he can fool the defense by doing something different when we're down by a lot?" and lo and behold it's a play action pass and a turnover, because the Steelers just played the situation. That's Schitty for you, fooling only the truly stupid. Who would lose even easier if you don't even try to fool them, because they are stupid to begin with and always do the wrong thing anyway. Like the Texans, who decide that they will give up the deep sideline pass late in a game up by a score. I'm sure their defensive coordinator thought "they are expecting us to guard the sideline, let's GIVE them the deep pass and sideline there, that will trick them."

People that do the wrong thing because they think they are fooling somebody else and then fail are not geniuses, they are losers and beginners. Schitty sucks.

Oh GOD, I actually forgot about Schotty. We could have a young Jerry Rice and Lance Alworth, and Sanchez can only progress so much. Schotty must be kidnapped and locked away for the season.

Archived