Malcolm Floyd

Gastineau Lives

Malcolm Floyd is perfectly capable of replacing Braylons 53 catches and 900 yards. The TDs might be tough to come by as it makes no sense to throw to a tall receiver in the end zone, but that's a Schotty thing...

I sincerely doubt it, considering Braylon's numbers put him at I believe #22 in the league last year for receiving yards, add the TDs in and he was a top 20 WR on a run first team even as the second option with a mediocre at best QB last year. The guy you people are all drooling over is barely in the top 50, with one of the best QBs in the league on a pass heavy offense as the #1 option most of the year. He is also 30 years old and has been nothing more than a backup his entire career before last year, where he was just really scrubby.

I know Jets fans for the most part do not watch any other teams play and have zero clue how players stack up in this league. And I'm not saying Braylon is a great WR and we NEED him, I'm just saying Floyd is not very good and is almost definitely a much worse option.

I sincerely doubt it, considering Braylon's numbers put him at I believe #22 in the league last year for receiving yards, add the TDs in and he was a top 20 WR on a run first team even as the second option with a mediocre at best QB last year. The guy you people are all drooling over is barely in the top 50, with one of the best QBs in the league on a pass heavy offense as the #1 option most of the year. He is also 30 years old and has been nothing more than a backup his entire career before last year, where he was just really scrubby.

I know Jets fans for the most part do not watch any other teams play and have zero clue how players stack up in this league. And I'm not saying Braylon is a great WR and we NEED him, I'm just saying Floyd is not very good and is almost definitely a much worse option.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there is anything special about him - and I'm hardly drooling over him, but I do think 50 receptions as the #2 WR is a given for just about anyone we put out there. I'm very aware of his ability - Braylon is a much better athlete. No point in discussing Braylon as a Jet though, its not happening.

You can also say it's much easier to pass when you run the ball effectively and Braylon benefited from that. You could also say that Braylon Edwards was targeted 101 times in his "run heavy offense" and Malcolm Floyd was targeted 77 times in HIS "pass heavy offense". You know, if you actually wanted to do research and say things...

Archived