The Jets are re-signing Brodney Pool

MTJ06

I was hoping the Jets would upgrade at safety this offseason, but the status quo is better than downgrading.

Completely agree, but Pool no doubt showed some pretty big strides over the course of the year, so there's some hope that we'll only see further improvement in his play this year.

So Pool misjudging that angle in the endzone allowing in a TD helped us win?

Considering Cromartie was the one getting torn a new a$$hole by Rex on the sideline, I'm not so sure that one was as much on Pool as you may think. Who the hell knows what his primary responsibility on that play was. Then again, even if it was entirely his fault, he's still better then Smith.

Then again, even if it was entirely his fault, he's still better then Smith.

+1. Pool started playing well towards the end of last season and I'm glad he's back. I'm sure that a lot of offensive coordinators were walking around with boners at the mere thought of Smith running (falling?) around the middle of the field on every snap.

Considering Cromartie was the one getting torn a new a$$hole by Rex on the sideline, I'm not so sure that one was as much on Pool as you may think. Who the hell knows what his primary responsibility on that play was. Then again, even if it was entirely his fault, he's still better then Smith.

All you have to do is watch the footage. It doesn't matter what his primary responsibility was. Once a completion is made behind a cornerback, it's your job to run down the guy and SAVE the touchdown. He could have done it, but he misjudged the angle. I'm not saying Cromartie didn't mess up, or it wasn't a great catch by the receiver, but Pool also messed up. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're resigning him, but he's not this crazy awesome safety that everyone makes him out to be. Better than Smith, yeah, but not by that much.

Archived