***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

I have been a HUGE critic of joe especially since folks have been crowning him on hope not results but too early to fire him

If he does not upgrade the roster in a big way this year then it is time to talk-with the money and draft capital -a trash roster is not acceptable again

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I have been a HUGE critic of joe especially since folks have been crowning him on hope not results but too early to fire him

If he does not upgrade the roster in a big way this year then it is time to talk-with the money and draft capital -a trash roster is not acceptable again

He walked into a crappy situation and is now being hamstrung by his initial draft having so-so results. This is the least talented team in the league by a lot. Are free agents really going to be excited to come to the Jets with the current state of the roster? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, freestater said:

just getting a head start here. Like getting on board with bitcoin at $5. 

Dance Dancing GIF by The Dude Perfect Show

I like your style. You may be onto something but I think we need to insist that the new GM accept the incumbent HC when we do make the inevitable change.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He walked into a crappy situation and made it much worse  and is now being hamstrung by his initial draft having so-so results. This is the least talented team in the league by a lot. Are free agents really going to be excited to come to the Jets with the current state of the roster? 

I edited for u

it is Joe's job to get players to come here-if that is too big for him then find another guy-he made the roster worse  then when he got here

Parcells  did just fine with a 1-15 team

• Upvote 2

Just now, EM31 said:

I like your style. You may be onto something but I think we need to insist that the new GM accept the incumbent HC when we do make the inevitable change.

Does the new GM get to pick his coaching staff for him at least? I feel like he should get to force at least one coordinator on him. 

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas should be extended today.  Great job not signing any of these guys to over priced contracts.  Keep the check book in the drawer Joe.  We will build this through the draft.  Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!

We'll have the MOST money and the LEAST talent in the NFL.

THAT is how you measure success!

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Throwing money at FA's never works for us. Throwing money at FA's doesnt build a sustained winner. 

He's about to enter just his 2nd draft. Though his first was inconsistent it was probably our best in a decade. 

I'm gonna be patient and hold off on pitchforks.... for now.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He walked into a crappy situation and is now being hamstrung by his initial draft having so-so results. This is the least talented team in the league by a lot. Are free agents really going to be excited to come to the Jets with the current state of the roster? 

where on the draft grade would you give his first draft?  

how many teams are better than him?

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas should be extended today.  Great job not signing any of these guys to over priced contracts.  Keep the check book in the drawer Joe.  We will build this through the draft.  Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Ashton Davis, Zuniga and Breshard Perriman will get us to the promised land!! AND WE WILL HAVE SO MUCH MONEY ON HAND!!! 

18 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I edited for u

it is Joe's job to get players to come here-if that is too big for him then find another guy-he made the roster worse  then when he got here

Parcells  did just fine with a 1-15 team

kmnj - if you take the last 10 years drafts - where would you rank this draft (One season in) compared to the last 10 (one season in)?