New Tailgate Rig

Well, after begging/borrowing/stealing other people's trucks the past 2 years (huge thanks to my father and brother!), I decided to step up and trade in the one love in my life, my wrangler sahara unlimited, for a brand new 2011 white Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie crew cab. The hemi engine with it's 390hp and 410 lbft torque is pretty bad-a$$, and with it's 9,000 lb tow rating and spacious cab it should be the perfect vehicle for my adventure this season.

In addition, over the last 2 seasons we have grown from 40 people to about 300 people per game. We started out with being able to fit everything into a pickup truck, then moved on to a 8x5 uhaul trailer and then a 12x6 uhaul trailer. Dealing with those uhauls was a total nightmare, and meant HOURS of loading the night before the game and gameday morning and then HOURS after getting home from the game. There was no way I was going to put myself through that this season.

The original plan was to have this custom trailer built with a lot of crazy stuff, but the lockout really screwed up my timetable. As a stopgap for this season, I just picked up a new Haulmark 16x7 Transport V nose trailer, green and black. We plan on mounting a directv dish and a large flatpanel off the back, so we can tune in to other games or pregame.

I am really excited for this season. With the 6 foot long grill we picked up 3/4 of the way through the seaosn last year, and with the new truck and trailer this year, we are able to really do a lot more and have more people enjoy the tailgate party that I have been doing with my friends for years. IT also means that TAILGATEJOE will be at all the away games (well, at the moment we are 65% sure about Denver and Oakland but everywhere else we are 100%).

That is a pretty big trailer man, congrats. Looking forward to watching some pre-game from the parking lot as well. Good job.

Yeah, well, hopefully I can drive with that thing strapped to the back, lol. I really want a 18x8, but I figure this will work for now and not be too overwhelming.

• 1 month later...

Archived