Jets Sign Edds; Release Lankster

JetNation

If you are on the New York Jets roster and you are a cornerback, you should sleep with one eye open. The Jets made yet another move after cutting down the roster to 53 men.  This time Ellis Lankster was released and A.J. Edds was resigned.

Lankster was a valuable special team player for the Jets last season. Why was Ellis Lankster cut?  Here are a few reasons:

• Rex Ryan must feel pretty comfortable with Saalim Hakim’s ability on special teams.
  • Cornerback Leon McFadden was signed after being released by the Cleveland Browns.
  • Another cornerback, Phillip Adams, was just picked up after being cut by the Seattle Seahawks.

The Jets face the Oakland Raiders on Sunday and rookie Derek Carr will start at QB for the Raiders. The Jets secondary will be tested all season long. When the first test is against a rookie, passing that test is imperative.

Jets fans are sounding off on this move in our .

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
N0qHDkTORWs

View the full article

I don't get this. Lankster has always been a dependable CB when called upon. Maybe I am not seeing something..anyone else know?

The guy had a chance to step up with all of the injuries to our secondary, and failed to do so.  He played poorly against the Eagles.

The guy had a chance to step up with all of the injuries to our secondary, and failed to do so.  He played poorly against the Eagles.

Ok, that is true, but in the few plays i saw him involved in, it looked like he anticipated safety support and didn't get any. Oh well, I hope the new guys are better.

Archived