Does Geno have a wake up call today?

Shadetree

Under Chan Genos going to surprise everyone with healthy talented weapons.

It's funny as hell to see the criticism of a young inexperienced QB throwing to a hobbled Decker, doubled Kerley, a rookie TE, Cumberland (who sucks), and a slew of UDFAs, playing musical chairs every week.

Not many QBs in this league have success without talented players making plays for them. Kenny Obrien was throwing to Al Toon, Wesley Walker & Mickey Shuler.

Matt Ryan two years ago was throwing to Julio Jones, Roddy White & Gonzales for gods sake. People need to look at things in the proper perspective. It's very rare in this league for young QBs to just walk out on the field & look like an All Pro.

Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, were still sitting on the effing bench at the start of their 3rd years in the NFL.

If Chan Gailey could get guys like Stewart, Thigpen, Fitzpatrick to play decently, I think he has a lot more to work with in Geno.

He can make every throw, runs pretty well, and can move out of the pocket to get more time to throw.

I think playing QB for Rex is similar to having an absentee parent, I'm not giving up on Geno until I see what he can do with better coaching, more talented receivers, hopefully more confidence with more success and the knowledge that his new coach won't put up with stupid thoughtless turnovers.

I'm willing to give him this year. If he falls on his face, we'll know we have to turn the page and move on but I've seen him make enough good throws, runs, and actually stay pretty calm in bringing the team back in his 1st year to have hope that he can become a decent QB in 2015. We'll see.

Archived