AFC Standings thru Week 7 (Ravens game pending)

Jetsfan80

With just the 1-5 Ravens left to play on MNF in a non-conference bout with Arizona, and everyone else in the AFC done, here are the updated standings. 

Though our loss to New England hurts and puts us outside of the division running for now, Buffalo and Pittsburgh losing was huge for our playoff hopes.  Yes, I get the "take it one week at a time" mentality, but it's nice to see us remain near the top of the AFC 6 games and 7 weeks in.  New to the "in the hunt" list are the Dolphins, who are putting the league on notice with interim coach Dan Campbell.  And of course the AFC South remains terrible, with all 4 of their teams deep in the negative in net points.  It's a damn shame one of them will be getting a home playoff game.

NOTE:  As usual, my tiebreakers are based on net points for now, and not the NFL's official tiebreaker procedures. 

AFC Standings (thru week 7; Ravens game pending)

1.  Patriots 6-0 (+ 87 net points)

2.  Bengals 6-0 (+ 60)

3.  Broncos 6-0 (+ 37)

4.  Jets 4-2 (+ 47)

5.  Steelers 4-3 (+ 27)

6.  Dolphins 3-3 (+ 10)

7.  Raiders 3-3 (- 9)

8.  Bills 3-4 (+ 3)

9.  Colts 3-4 (- 27)

10.  Chiefs 2-5 (- 22)

11.  Chargers 2-5 (- 33)

12.  Browns 2-5 (- 35)

13.  Texans 2-5 (- 45)

14.  Jaguars 2-5 (- 60)

15.  Ravens 1-5 (- 19)

16.  Titans 1-5 (- 20)

AFC Playoff Projections

1.  Patriots (AFC East Champion; Homefield advantage)

2.  Bengals (AFC North Champion, 1st round bye)

3.  Broncos (AFC West Champion)

4.  Indianapolis Colts (AFC South Champion)

5.  Jets (Wild Card)

6.  Steelers (Wild Card)

In the hunt:  Dolphins, Raiders, Bills

5 straight AFC games (Raiders, Jags, Bills, Texans, Dolphags) with 2 in the division before the Giants game.  2 games vs. teams that are going to press the Jets for the WC (Raiders and Dolphags).

Pretty crucial stretch here and it starts with a trip out West vs. a very potent offense. 

5 straight AFC games (Raiders, Jags, Bills, Texans, Dolphags) with 2 in the division before the Giants game.  2 games vs. teams that are going to press the Jets for the WC (Raiders and Dolphags).

Pretty crucial stretch here and it starts with a trip out West vs. a very potent offense. 

I think we match up pretty well with all 5 teams.  None of the 5 QB's we're about to face handle pressure well, though perhaps Tyrod Taylor, if healthy, would be a tougher test than the others in this department, and Oakland's o-line has performed very well this season.  I'm not scared at all by the 2 AFC South teams, particularly with Foster done for Houston.  DeAndre Hopkins can't do it alone for them.

I think we match up pretty well with all 5 teams.  None of the 5 QB's we're about to face handle pressure well, though perhaps Tyrod Taylor, if healthy, would be a tougher test than the others in this department, and Oakland's o-line has performed very well this season.  I'm not scared at all by the 2 AFC South teams, particularly with Foster done for Houston.  DeAndre Hopkins can't do it alone for them.

The Jets are better than everyone of those teams.  They should win all 5.   But it's the NFL so I'd be very happy if we get at least 4 of them but beating the Bills and Dolphags is going to be crucial.

Archived