Anyone else sensing a trend with the raiders?

• Rich Thornburgh changed the title to Anyone else sensing a trend with the raiders?
11 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

The trend for the Raiders is showing no plan whatsoever to build a successful football team.     

Moving the franchise to Vegas and building that fabulous stadium was a great vision, though.  Give ‘em credit for that…

Eff the raiders, thank god they took Bowers

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Bowers did not look happy when they took him lol

can't blame him. jets probably teased taking him. who'd want to miss out on the Rodgers revenge tour for your rookie contract 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Lol the real shame is that you don’t know how stupid this take is

You are right.  I forgot about all the teams wining Super Bowls with their back to back 1st round tight ends.

You are so smart and I am so dumb.

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

They sure seem to love overrated slow college tight ends

Michael Mayer needed work on his blocking as MAXX Crosby abused him every day in practice .   Early in the season a lot defense ends abused him .     M Mayer could always catch but needed  to get his blocking up , and by season end start to get pretty good at blocking.      He’s going to have monster year in 2024. 

Bowers can play Te, H- back , Fb  he probably going to need a year to get his blocking up. ( they have Mayer so not worry) .     You could see D Adams  J Meyers outside ,    M Mayer at Te , Fb Bowers and wr/ Rb T Tucker - burner .  That’s serious weapons for any Qb.  

Raiders have to get Rt still.    They will tomorrow.   AOC going to be fine he never played with the first or second string players till week 6.   ( no reps with first stringers) He had very limited playbook of the offense.    He has whole off-season to been in the Raider building all off-season getting himself ready. 
 Raiders defense going to be top notch ( they had number 1 defense when Ap took over)  and Jack Jones really solidified their secondary.   They kick p Mahomes arse in arrowhead.  

Michael Mayer needed work on his blocking as MAXX Crosby abused him every day in practice .   Early in the season a lot defense ends abused him .     M Mayer could always catch but needed  to get his blocking up , and by season end start to get pretty good at blocking.      He’s going to have monster year in 2024. 
Bowers can play Te, H- back , Fb  he probably going to need a year to get his blocking up. ( they have Mayer so not worry) .     You could see D Adams  J Meyers outside ,    M Mayer at Te , Fb Bowers and wr/ Rb T Tucker - burner .  That’s serious weapons for any Qb.  

Raiders have to get Rt still.    They will tomorrow.   AOC going to be fine he never played with the first or second string players till week 6.   ( no reps with first stringers) He had very limited playbook of the offense.    He has whole off-season to been in the Raider building all off-season getting himself ready. 
 Raiders defense going to be top notch ( they had number 1 defense when Ap took over)  and Jack Jones really solidified their secondary.   They kick p Mahomes arse in arrowhead.  
Maxx Crosby abused him in practice huh? The guy must really suck in that case.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Don’t worry, @Raideraholic will be here soon to tell us why that’s not fact

5 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Easier to summon than Candyman. :D 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Don’t call Brock Bowers a “tight end.” Call him a “Left Tight End.” 😂😂😂😂

IMG_5158.jpeg

He's already revolutionising the game. :D  

Now watch teams in the rest of the draft trade up to draft their own "Left Tight End" to stay ahead of the curve.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I'm excited for the raiders I picture something like New England used to run with Aaron Hernandez and gronk. Will be hard to execute because they don't have Brady.

But they have Josh McDaniels!!! Same thing....right?....RIGHT!?!?!

Wait....We have a defensive head coach?!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jamesr said:

Maxx Crosby abused him in practice huh? The guy must really suck in that case. emoji23.png

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

You just don’t understand football. You go from blocking kids in college to trying to block grown arse men.   It takes time (just like it’s going to take Bowers time to adjust to the NFL blocking - men ).  Only way is to get into nfl weight room , and get your body in shape to deal with nfl players.     Michael Mayer is  going to be stud in 2024 .    ( he really started to come on at end of the season - complete tight end.   Nothing helps young Qb than having two tes that he can lean on in passing game, and help block sometimes in the passing game.   BOWER can like up at Fb .  Can  either stay in to protect the Qb , or swing out in passing game and get his YAC .     Devante Adams going to play majority time in the slot next season .( Getsy used him at Green Bay like that).   Tre Tucker speed is legit and going to threat all defenses deep .   That opens up everyone of the Raiders weapons to eat.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, usanyj said:

But they have Josh McDaniels!!! Same thing....right?....RIGHT!?!?!

Wait....We have a defensive head coach?!

No Antonio Pierce who once took over the Raiders had the number 1 defense.      Raiders defense line >>>>>>>>>>>>>>jets defense line  . 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

You just don’t understand football. You go from blocking kids in college to trying to block grown arse men.   It takes time (just like it’s going to take Bowers time to adjust to the NFL blocking - men ).  Only way is to get into nfl weight room , and get your body in shape to deal with nfl players.     Michael Mayer is  going to be stud in 2024 .    ( he really started to come on at end of the season - complete tight end.   Nothing helps young Qb than having two tes that he can lean on in passing game, and help block sometimes in the passing game.   BOWER can like up at Fb .  Can  either stay in to protect the Qb , or swing out in passing game and get his YAC .     Devante Adams going to play majority time in the slot next season .( Getsy used him at Green Bay like that).   Tre Tucker speed is legit and going to threat all defenses deep .   That opens up everyone of the Raiders weapons to eat.  

Your comment made it sound like a rookie getting abused by one of the best D linemen in football was some sort of shock. Hence my comment.

I'd have been FAR more worried if Mayer was getting the better of Crosby.

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Don’t call Brock Bowers a “tight end.” Call him a “Left Tight End.” 😂😂😂😂

IMG_5158.jpeg

Ourlads needs to add HB to its key. 

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Your comment made it sound like a rookie getting abused by one of the best D linemen in football was some sort of shock. Hence my comment.

I'd have been FAR more worried if Mayer was getting the better of Crosby.

In time( this year) he will be able to do much better job against the elite des .  We saw last year against K Mack later in the year how much better he was able to handle those elite Des  , that he struggled with early / most of  the year.      

Te I’m talking traditional Te - one that can do it all block and catch .    That position like Dt just takes time because your playing a whole different player , and whole different player physically that you didn’t see at the college level.   ,  

Raiders have top five talent at the skill position and just added another weapon to that group.      Biggest thing AOC has to learn is to look for best  matchups right from start , than  try to force it to his superstar receiver .(whose getting double team , with the opposition bringing pressure)    When AOC did that the offense was lights out.       

Raiders can run 12 all day now like the Pats with Gronk and the killer.  

NFL defenses are smaller and faster than ever.  It’s time to pound them in the ground if they don’t put linebackers in then throw all over them when they do. 

• Upvote 2

In a division with Mahomes and Herbert I will give the Raiders some credit that they are not attempting to beat them at their own game. Pierce is a players coach who seemed to fit well last year and they did play well at years end.  I hated the pick for them and thought Fuaga was a better choice but they seem to have an identity (similar to Lions) that is a little different than the others.  

14 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You are right.  I forgot about all the teams wining Super Bowls with their back to back 1st round tight ends.

You are so smart and I am so dumb.

First all you don’t know what you’re speaking.  Michael Mayer was a second round pick. Not a first round pick)  So if the shoe fits.   

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, OMA said:

In a division with Mahomes and Herbert I will give the Raiders some credit that they are not attempting to beat them at their own game. Pierce is a players coach who seemed to fit well last year and they did play well at years end.  I hated the pick for them and thought Fuaga was a better choice but they seem to have an identity (similar to Lions) that is a little different than the others.  

Raiders showed the league how to beat Patrick Mahomes .( last team to beat them at their own house)     You make him very uncomfortable in the pocket, and even the great Patrick Mahomes will crumble .     The Raiders went with their nascar package .   m Crosby , Adam Butler , Tyree Wilson , and Malcolm Koonce .     Koonce and Crosby couldn’t be single block coming off each corner  .( they had to keep T Kelce in to help block one of them) .Dt’s -   A Butler and Tyree Wilson controlled rush where they didn’t give him any lanes to step up in the pocket or to run.   With Addition of Dt C Wilkins that has to scare the bee Jeeves out of Mahomes.   Raiders have 4/5 of there offense line . Just right tackle away.  T Munford split Rt last year will slide inside to guard .   With their second pick they should take the best tackle left.  

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders showed the league how to beat Patrick Mahomes .( last team to beat them at their own house)     You make him very uncomfortable in the pocket, and even the great Patrick Mahomes will crumble .     The Raiders went with their nascar package .   m Crosby , Adam Butler , Tyree Wilson , and Malcolm Koonce .     Koonce and Crosby couldn’t be single block coming off each corner  .( they had to keep T Kelce in to help block one of them) .Dt’s -   A Butler and Tyree Wilson controlled rush where they didn’t give him any lanes to step up in the pocket or to run.   With Addition of Dt C Wilkins that has to scare the bee Jeeves out of Mahomes.   Raiders have 4/5 of there offense line . Just right tackle away.  T Munford split Rt last year will slide inside to guard .   With their second pick they should take the best tackle left.  

Hey, bro. Nice to see you. I've always loved your posts and now that we have a friend in common, please feel free to come around more often. 

I'm Angelo. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Hey, bro. Nice to see you. I've always loved your posts and now that we have a friend in common, please feel free to come around more often. 

I'm Angelo. 

I’m excited to see you guys hook up! 

• Haha 2