Next article and share sticky bar @ top of page

@Maxman

Just noticed this starting to show up in web browsers, it locks to the top of the browser when viewing a thread. Unfortunately, it overlaps the top-right controls, which includes the new notifications. It is disruptive to dialogue where you are constantly re-referencing the replies you get. 

Bad user experiences. See if you can have it push the whole page down from the top. Rather than covering essential controls in your user interface.

Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 2.11.31 PM.png

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

@Maxman

Just noticed this starting to show up in web browsers, it locks to the top of the browser when viewing a thread. Unfortunately, it overlaps the top-right controls, which includes the new notifications. It is disruptive to dialogue where you are constantly re-referencing the replies you get. 

Bad user experiences. See if you can have it push the whole page down from the top. Rather than covering essential controls in your user interface.

Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 2.11.31 PM.png

Thanks.

What browser and device are you seeing this on? I am not sure what plugin that even is.

If I am reading that right it is showing articles (WordPress) in the forums (Invision). I didn't even know we had anything like that installed. :) I don't see it in chrome.

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thanks.

What browser and device are you seeing this on? I am not sure what plugin that even is.

If I am reading that right it is showing articles (WordPress) in the forums (Invision). I didn't even know we had anything like that installed. :) I don't see it in chrome.

Mac, Chrome - and I'm just realizing it's not for every thread, it's for the JetNation.com threads on every page after the first page of responses. Here is an example thread: 

Must be tied to whatever you're using to publish articles to the JN site and automating them as threads, social posts, etc. 

I see it now. That makes much more sense. The JetNation threads are created automatically off of our RSS feed. I see the share this up top now. Thanks for pointing this out, it shouldn't be covering the controls. That makes no sense. We are going to drive people from the forums to the front page. But the average visit is like a million times longer in the forums. So this is where we want everyone to stay.

I have to talk to Invision, but I will get this fixed. Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Maxman said:

@Integrity28 hey I am not seeing this on all the JetNation threads.  

I think the one you reported is actually coming from the Daily News. Since there is a link to that article, that seems to be their Share This plugin.

You might be right. I didn't realize that article came from them. 

Thanks for looking into it and following up!

Archived