Officiating looking to get significantly worse this year

Barcs

Yep, those idiot refs are always looking to screw the Jets and this game was probably their warm up for the season. The game is really going to suck this year because refs, when in doubt, are going to call personal fouls on every single hard hit. The hit Pool did yesterday was 100% legit. No helmet to helmet. He hit him with the shoulder. What, should he not run at full speed to try to make plays!??? Should he stop mid play and risk injury??? Refs are complete idiots. That fumble was called instead of the forward progress rule. The refs bailed out the Eagles offense at like 7 times last game, and most of the penalty calls were bullsh*t. I'm sorry, but if this continues I'm going to find a new hobby. I'm not going to watch our defense play great football, but the other teams continuously bailed out by the refs and given free 1st downs for no reason. If they want to water down the game EVEN MORE, then they will continue to lose fans. Officiating was overall PISS POOR last season, so I know it's hard to say it can get worse, but it will. And seriously, they need to update the challenge rules. If a ref can review a play he should be able to make the right call based on the play. Why have it so selective of what you can challenge and what you can't? Why are teams forced to be victims of terrible officiating? "Oh sorry, we know it's obvious, but it doesn't matter. We have video replay only for calls we feel is appropriate regardless of what actually happened". Seriously get rid of the damn replay rule if you aren't even allowed to change your call based on what you see. Sorry for the rant, but that game was simply absurd. I know Ducasse screwed up and those were legit penalties, as were a few others, but the majority of the defensive penalties were BS. It's obvious teams with good defense will be targeted this year in a pitiful attempt to increase scoring in games. Goodell can die slow.

It's a sh*tty rule, but it's a rule. You can't light up a "defenseless player". Just because Greg Buttle doesn't know the rules, don't blame the refs. You can't do that anymore and they have outlawed what got Ronnie Lott and Jack Tatum into the Hall of Fame. Hell, I spent most of my life blasting defenseless players or being crushed when I was defenseless.

I know it's a rule. I just don't happen to like it. Yeah, the poor defenseless receiver trying to score a touchdown. The game is fast, you can't expect guys to just stop mid tracks to avoid a big hit when, if not landed they could score. Why even bother playing if you have to slow down and risk giving up big plays to preserve penalties? But regardless of that, you absolutely can blame the refs for failing to blow the whistle for the forward progress. There was also another PI call I believe when the receiver was not even touched. I know a few of those they purposely didn't show replays so it wouldn't be obvious. I know I'm ranting and it's the preseason, but I just hope I'm not spending this season shaking my heads at bad calls again. It's not like bad calls were rare. They happened almost every single game and essentially helped cause some losses for us last year.

Honestly I just hope the Jets still play balls out, even if it means a few extra penalties. If you hit someone like that, it can affect them the entire game. It should be done. Man, that hit was a thing of beauty, though. Reminiscent of Eric Smith's hit on Welker. Keep teams' offense nervous when they play us.

Archived