Build a wall….

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Which makes it even worse. Pouring resources and getting the same results as macc and idzik.

Idzik was the best he drafted like 5 oline in 2 years and about 3 of them had fairly long term nfl careers

McCagnan was a disgrace 3 oline in 5 years.

I am not defending douglas i have been more critical of him than most on here, at least he is trying to address an important position.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

Ty Smith hasn't played 12 games since 1823.   Both tackles are on one year deals.

He will play some this year, and start the next.

This pick guarantees Tyron keeps his ass on the field this year haha - bank it, that plus the million dollars he gets per game played.

i have no issue with it, if we took Bowers Smith would’ve torn his leg off in OTA’s. Hes highly motivated to stay healthy now.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

If you were looking for a day 1 starter, JD just gave you the finger. There is no way Fashanu starts this season barring injury. 

Who were the Jets drafting at #11 that would be a day 1 starter?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Who were the Jets drafting at #11 that would be a day 1 starter?

Once Odunze was taken, I thought they would take Bowers. But again, to your point, Bowers probably doesn’t start day 1. Fashanu being 21 years old, gives him some time to learn behind a hall of famer and with the injury history of Smith, possibly play sooner.  

I wanted a weapon and not an insurance policy and future talent, but I don’t hate the pick. Maybe trading back a little further and gaining a 2nd would have been nice, but apparently there were no takers. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Really, Jets said:

Big, slow, plodding OT. Sorry, this is not a good pick.

His comp according to multiple analysts is D'Brick Ferguson. Pretty much the opposite of big, slow, and plodding.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

If you were looking for a day 1 starter, JD just gave you the finger. There is no way Fashanu starts this season barring injury. 

The chances of AVT being healthy and ready to start the season are not very good.  Fashanu could start at RG to begin the season and back up Smith/Moses as the swing OT.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Idzik was the best he drafted like 5 oline in 2 years and about 3 of them had fairly long term nfl careers

McCagnan was a disgrace 3 oline in 5 years.

I am not defending douglas i have been more critical of him than most on here, at least he is trying to address an important position.

In 2013, Idzik drafted Brian Winters, Oday Aboushi, and William Campbell.  In 2014, he drafted Dakota Dozier.  I don't think Campbell lasted long, but Winters, Aboushi and Dozier had decent careers.

24 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Once Odunze was taken, I thought they would take Bowers. But again, to your point, Bowers probably doesn’t start day 1. Fashanu being 21 years old, gives him some time to learn behind a hall of famer and with the injury history of Smith, possibly play sooner.  

I wanted a weapon and not an insurance policy and future talent, but I don’t hate the pick. Maybe trading back a little further and gaining a 2nd would have been nice, but apparently there were no takers. 

I heard Saleh in the draft room when they called Fashanu tell him that they had him in their crosshairs the whole time.  Fashanu is who they wanted and planned to draft.

14 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Not necessarily. Plenty of quality WR's will be there in round 3. 

He may not trade up into the 2nd, but I hope he will.  The quality of WRs available in the 2nd is going to be much better than what's available at #72.  I'd love to see them add Malachi Corley.  He will be a real playmaker out of the slot.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

He may not trade up into the 2nd, but I hope he will.  The quality of WRs available in the 2nd is going to be much better than what's available at #72.  I'd love to see them add Malachi Corley.  He will be a real playmaker out of the slot.

He could still be there in round 3, right?

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

He could still be there in round 3, right?

I doubt it.  I think he will be gone somewhere fairly early in the 2nd round.  Legette and Pearsall are already gone.  WRs likely to go in the 2nd are Ladd McConkey, Keon Coleman, Corley, Adonai Mitchell, Roman Wilson, and maybe even Troy Franklin and Ja'Lynn Polk. In the 3rd round the Jets would be looking at WRs like Jamari Thrash, Jermaine Burton, Jalen McMillan, DeVontez Walker, Javon Baker, and Brenden Rice.

I would love to add Corley.  He is a playmaker out of the slot and excels at YAC.  If not Corley, I want Roman Wilson or maybe Ja'Lynn Polk.

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

Not necessarily. Plenty of quality WR's will be there in round 3. 

Who do you like in the 3rd round?  The only WRs I like that are likely to go in the 3rd are Jermaine Burton, Jamari Thrash, and Brenden Rice, and I don't like any of them anywhere near as much as I like Corley and Roman Wilson.