Meanwhile, back in the offices of the Detroit Tigers........

The Gun Of Bavaria

Hey Leyland ordered the Meat Hook to get in shape didn't he?

I think you guys have a good manager, some more than decent sticks and heard Farnsworth may be resigned.

Sounds like Pena may be need to be moved but not sure what his value around MLB is. If he could cut down on the K's he may go off one of these years.

Interested to see what Leyland can do with this group if ownership gives Bondo some help on the staff.

Dimitri didn't help his cause when he refused to pinch hit late in the season and he quickly became a clubhouse distraction. Of course, Trammel had lost control of the team long before that. Da Meat Hook needs to lose some f-ing weight, maybe it will cut down on his injuries.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Leyland can do and I think that he'll do well. If we get Farnsworth back that would be hilarious and I can't wait to see Polanco for a full season as a Tiger.

Pena needs to go and Bondo needs help on staff although I still think Robertson and Maroth can be good with some run support.

Pudge needs to get his act together and the Tigers have to decide how they're going to get their up and coming youth into the mix.

Nomar has a lot to prove. It is not as bad a signing as you might think it is. He won't be that costly.

Remember, The elite SS from the Al all got big contracts. A-Rod, Jeter and Tajeda. Nomar is the only one who didn't. This year is his last chance.

He knows it. He needs a very healthy season to show the world he still has it.

Except that the Tigers have a shortstop, and a third baseman. And a second baseman. And a first baseman, DH, and pretty much everything Nomar plays. It's a dumb signing. It's pure Tigers.

OF. He may be too brittle for the inf, at this stage.

It's a typical Tigers move ala Juan Gonzalez, Pudge, Maggs and Percival. Go find an aging BIG NAME and bring him to Detroit. Proclaim Detroit as a place where FAs are willing to come (hide the fact they have to pay them a trillion dollars to get here) then use the BIG NAME to pull the wool over the fans eyes.

The Tigers can kiss my white ass. I'm not spending a nickel on that team til they decide to turn their crap around.

Archived