Jets Sign 2 To Practice Squad

flylikeajet

You know whats funny is that if the Jets are going to bring these guys in at least give them some reps to see if they can produce in a real game. So many times we've seen players do well in camp and in preseason never to get a chance to play when the games go live. Its a fact some players are just not practice Squad all stars but when the game is on they seem to turn it up a notch. Work these kids into the offense and lets see what they can do.

Finally Kerley got a shot to play in the slot this week and he produced. I was worried about the drops in preseason but the only way we can really know WTF this kid has is to play him. Chauncey Washington was a good example of a player who did very well yet never sniffed the field as is Turner.

next I would like to see Powell actully be active for a game at the very least we can rotate our backs like so many other successful teams do. Powell has shown he can run and catch the football so having a double threat back there will mix things up . reason I say a back who is a double threat is because our back situation can sometimes put us in a predictable situation. For instance when Greene is in 90 % of the time we run the football when LT is in we run it about 30 % of the time and throw it about 70 % this makes it easy for defenses to key in on those situations. What would help here is if the Jets run some plays with both players back there since both can block. Any type of variation would help. Also Joe McKnight has earned some carries IMO all it can do at this point is continue to boost his confidence. You guys know Im a big fan of how the Saints and Sean Peyotn run their offense and alot of that offense revolves around 4 backs who have multiple skill sets WE can have that situation as well which will take pressure off Sanchez and open things up for our WR's .

Also Joe McKnight has earned some carries IMO all it can do at this point is continue to boost his confidence. You guys know Im a big fan of how the Saints and Sean Peyotn run their offense and alot of that offense revolves around 4 backs who have multiple skill sets WE can have that situation as well which will take pressure off Sanchez and open things up for our WR's .

I think Mcknight deserves some carries way before Powell.

I think Mcknight deserves some carries way before Powell.

Agreed

Active roster spots are earned. Powell didn't do anything in preseason, and possibly isn't doing anything on the scout team. The coaches have been raving about Kerley since he got here, he earned his spot. Had a decent week last week. Now he's #3.

McKnight seems to have made a major turn around since last year, and IMO is next on the list to get a few carries if Greene doesn't turn it around quickly. Maybe even just as a change of pace back.

As far as I know Powell hasn't done anything to earn a spot. When he's on the roster who sits? McKnight? What kind of message does that send?

Archived