Shonn Greene

hawksown14

I've come to the conclusion that Shonn Greene isn't a featured back. He needs a good compliment back with him, like back when we had TJ.

I think the smart thing to do would bring in someone who could take carries away from Greene. I always thought Greene was more of a power type back, but you see his explosion off contact. He isn't a true power back, and we need a power back with him.

I've never changed my conclusion that he can be a terrific back given any blocking whatsoever. The Jets o-line was terrific last night at pass protection and started blocking for the run better. If they keep improving, which I think they will, Greene will be fine. He just needs to tighten his helmet better.

i think one of the problems is we dont have a fast back to compliment him. AKA i want ryan matthews or at least McKnight getting some reps

A fast back isn't the compliment he needs. Greene is one of a kind. He doesn't have very good straight speed, but he's one of the fastest at accelerating after contact.

As the Oline has improved, so has Greene. Once the passing game is a thread, he'll get better.

He's not the type of back thats going to carry a team and get an offense going. He seems like more of they type of the back that feeds off the offense having success. Which isnt a bad thing. He's effective for the style of running he does.

I'd like to find a game break though. Trent Richardson?

As the Oline has improved, so has Greene. Once the passing game is a thread, he'll get better.

He's not the type of back thats going to carry a team and get an offense going. He seems like more of they type of the back that feeds off the offense having success. Which isnt a bad thing. He's effective for the style of running he does.

He didn't even have a good game yesterday. He had two or three decent runs, but not a good game. Our run game has been terrible this year.

He didn't even have a good game yesterday. He had two or three decent runs, but not a good game. Our run game has been terrible this year.

Never said he did...but he didnt have a bad game either. 75 yards on 21 carries. Not a great ypc...but definitely enough to keep the run game respectable and help control the clock. Had a long of 20. It wasnt an awful performance. Had a couple of runs that were hard fought.

Like I said, I think he goes with the offense. He's not a game changer or he's never going to carry a struggling O. Thats why we should draft Trent Richardson who is a monster.

My coworker is a HUGE bama fan and he's made me watch more bama highlights then I've seen of all college highlights. Richardson looks good, bounces off everyone and is really tough to bring down. He would be fun to watch.

My coworker is a HUGE bama fan and he's made me watch more bama highlights then I've seen of all college highlights. Richardson looks good, bounces off everyone and is really tough to bring down. He would be fun to watch.

Dude is a beast. Did you see the run he had last week? The poor guy he juked twice on the same run?

The guy is really good. I think he's better than Ingram. He destroyed Florida snigle handed. The imperssive part was, the Gators actually got in the backfield quite a bit, but could bring him down and he'd still go for 10 yards after contact. Dude is really good and is the prototype NFL runner.

Trent Richard won't fall to the Jets pick. He's already being put into the top 10 in most mocks at this point.. He could actually end up going top 5 if he keeps performing.

Read my thread I just posted about the OLBs/DLine/Safeties, those are going to be two Bama prospects the Jets will try to get.

Dude is a beast. Did you see the run he had last week? The poor guy he juked twice on the same run?

The guy is really good. I think he's better than Ingram. He destroyed Florida snigle handed. The imperssive part was, the Gators actually got in the backfield quite a bit, but could bring him down and he'd still go for 10 yards after contact. Dude is really good and is the prototype NFL runner.

I saw a couple of his plays last week, guy's a beast.

It's amazing seeing how many tackles he breaks and how he never goes down. He definitely looks better than Ingram. Unfortunately I think he's gonna higher than when the Jets pick.

Trent Richard won't fall to the Jets pick. He's already being put into the top 10 in most mocks at this point.. He could actually end up going top 5 if he keeps performing.

Read my thread I just posted about the OLBs/DLine/Safeties, those are going to be two Bama prospects the Jets will try to get.

Damn, didnt realize he was projected that high.

I saw a couple of his plays last week, guy's a beast.

It's amazing seeing how many tackles he breaks and how he never goes down. He definitely looks better than Ingram. Unfortunately I think he's gonna higher than when the Jets pick.

Like I said, didnt know he was projected that high. Ingram went pretty late in the 1st. I'm not sure what this season has in store for the Jets. I was saying that thinking we'd have a middle of the pack pick.

Like I said, didnt know he was projected that high. Ingram went pretty late in the 1st. I'm not sure what this season has in store for the Jets. I was saying that thinking we'd have a middle of the pack pick.

He's already being praised more than Ingram did. He has a WAY better skill set than Ingram. (That's saying a lot, because Ingram is a beast)

I understand what you mean since the value of RB's has been going down as we saw last draft with Ingram. Ingram was lucky because it was looking like last year's draft was gonna be the first draft in a long time a RB wasn't taken in the first round.

I understand what you mean since the value of RB's has been going down as we saw last draft with Ingram. Ingram was lucky because it was looking like last year's draft was gonna be the first draft in a long time a RB wasn't taken in the first round.

Unfortunately RB is really tough to judge when drafting. Being good in college doesn't mean you're good in the pro's. It's a different game speed. No one wants to make another Reggie Bush mistake.

Unfortunately RB is really tough to judge when drafting. Being good in college doesn't mean you're good in the pro's. It's a different game speed. No one wants to make another Reggie Bush mistake.

Bush also had way too much hype coming into the NFL. I know a lot of Jet fans on this board were seeing past all the hype and saw a 3rd down/change of pace back here. It's kinda like politics leading up to the election, some candidates get more hype then others, and unfortunately most people don't do any research and get bought into the hype presented to them by the likes of ESPN and NFL network.

Archived