JETS Defense Positives

Ken Schroy

Number 1 in the NFL with having allowed only 3 TD passes.

Number 1 in the NFL with the lowest 3rd down completion percentage with 28.6%

Tied for Number 2 in the NFL with +14 takeaways.

I just wanted to pass it along. Obviously we need to better stopping the run.

We have the #1 rated pass defense, ranking ahead of the Ravens.

We also rank 3rd in defensive sacks.

True, but that's like when Mangini had the best run defense because everyone could just pass all over us. We have a phenomenal pass defense, but I do think a lot of it is because teams erred on the side of running the ball in the first how many games against us. I still expect us to end up with a top 5 overall defense, but I would like to see our run-defense shore it up a bit.

Very shaky in the first half last night. If they had Chad Henne, we give up at least 21 by the half and the Revis pick 6 probably doesn't happen. And unfortunately, with our offense, the defense needs to hold the opposition to less than 20 points.

Chad Henne never threw an interception! IMO they are taking more risks and trying for takeaways. As the season goes on I think they will balance it out. The Raiders game was 150 yards on 3 plays. They have not been blown off the ball, but they have given up the outside too often. I think they will give up a small amount more with Westerman in place of Thomas, but will scheme around it.

Chad Henne never threw an interception! IMO they are taking more risks and trying for takeaways. As the season goes on I think they will balance it out. The Raiders game was 150 yards on 3 plays. They have not been blown off the ball, but they have given up the outside too often. I think they will give up a small amount more with Westerman in place of Thomas, but will scheme around it.

Henne wouldn't have thrown that stupid one right to Revis. But I hope you're right about them balancing out, because this offense leaves little room for error.

Archived