Jets Sign TE Shawn Nelson

SoFlaJets

I'm not totally sure, but I think Nelson is, but Sapp's not

If you look at the official transactions neither one is. Maybe we should merge this into one thread of people claiming to be signed but not actually being signed.

I think what is going on is that the team is working these guys out, but not signing anybody because they are working out the roster and because they are not practicing this week there was no reason to sign anybody immediately. The team probably has agreements in place with their agents. There are open roster spots. They cut Baxter and moved Logan Payne to IR. I think they added Tevesau after that so there should be one open roster spot. They have open practice squad spots because they cut Kroul and Campbell from the practice squad. They added Eron Riley from the Broncos practice squad at some point, so I'm not sure how many spots are open, but I'd assume they will sign Baxter to the practice squad and add Sapp with Nelson to the active roster. They may want to see how they pick up the parts of the playbook they'll be expected to know or if anybody is dinged.

Archived