Who says Sanchez is scared?

GangisGreen

The play didn't have nearly enough time to develop for any of that to happen and what part of "this doesn't absolve Sanchez of anything" do you not understand?

What part didn't it have enough time? I'm confused b/c it was a perfect call if he quickly got it to McKnight in the flat, either a td hitting pylon or on the 1 if executed with the proper throw. I understand if were past that part but just saying.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say this, you may be right, only b/c for some unknown reason McKnight didn't turn his head too quick and when he did he turned inside to the DB. But I will say that same play (if to McKnight) is what the Pats have feasted on other teams with, to perfection over the last decade.

I wish McKnight was the first read. That wouldve been an easy TD if it was. Jets have run that play with LT in the pass. But Sanchez is known to force balls into Keller and this was another example. The problem is that the ball sailed bigtime.

Yes, because I said I wanted "pretty wins". Did you two compare notes before posting?

My point, that you both clearly missed, is that you're operating with a very small margin for error in this league when you play against a decent opponent. You cannot continue leave points on the board or string together a bunch of early three-and-outs, because it will eventually come back to bite you. Luckily for Sanchez in those three victories I cited, the opponents offense was completely inept against the Jets 'D', so it didn't matter that it was close at halftime when it should have been a blowout.

The Bills werent inept before the Jets showed them their a$$. What you are describing happens every week. Good teams/players, overcome it.

Its cool. You like pretty wins. I respect that.

I wish McKnight was the first read. That wouldve been an easy TD if it was. Jets have run that play with LT in the pass. But Sanchez is known to force balls into Keller and this was another example. The problem is that the ball sailed bigtime.

Yes he does. In fact, on a 3rd and short late in the game...no joke, he broke the huddle and gave Keller and extra look like, you got this. Knew he was throwing to him the whole way, and sure as sh*t, Keller was literally falling over and Mark didnt even look at another receiver but still threw it for an incompletion.

You've devolved into a full-on homer troll. Congrats. Must be a Jacksonville thing.

While I have intentionally turned a new leaf and tried to be more positive instead of predicting a loss every week, I am offended by this. First off, comparing me to Klacko is an insult to him. And secondly, just because I'm realistic and happen to be right all the time, doesnt mean I'm a troll.

My obligatory defense of Sanchez (excluding the idiotic INT and clown-show fumble) Keller's moronic acrobat routine really hurt the offense in the first half.

Simms even mentioned it during the broadcast that the Jets told him that Keller was going to be heavy in the gameplan. That led to Mulligan having more snaps. Right after Keller went out there was a Mulligan false start, then a Mulligan hold on the long Greene run.

If Keller hadn't been so dumb, I could see the opportunity to put more than 3 points on the board in the first half.

I don't think it's fair to call that play dumb on Keller's part. I can't give a guy too much grief for fighting for extra yards. He was just hyped up imo.

Archived