How did we go from back to back AFCG to this ?

JetsFanInDenver

no idea but the offense definitely got MUCH worse, especially the offensive line and Mark Sanchez. Crazy that Damien Woody retiring could really turn the offensive line from one of the best to mediocre. And we seem not be able to run the ball effectively at all, which really opens up the play action pass, where Sanchez is good at. What was the longest run we've had this season? 30 yards? Also, it seems that Sanchez does not have the confidence anymore. He seems very timid and just plays it safe or makes dumb decisions, which leads to pick sixes. It's just depressing to see a team with so much talent lose like this.

Plain and simple. We got cute.

We thought we can just dismiss one WR (Bray) and replace him with another. We thought that the iron man Mangold would never get hurt...so we didnt need to beef up the backup role with actual talent.

We didnt fire Schotty. We were more concerned about signing Aso than adding to the puzzle to win a championship. Like give me a break. We have the best CB ever to play imo and Cro on the other side and overall one of the best defenses in the league and we're concerning ourselves with Aso instead of trying to find the Kris Jenkins/Vernon Gholston/Shawn Ellis replacements. We let Ighedibo get to N.E. and we dont even TRY to get Atogwe.

We dropped the ball dog.

Most people want to look as Sanchez as the culprit, but I tell you what...Let you lose your #1 receiver in Braylon, The O-line goes to sh*t, Greene cant run the ball because of it, LT gets a year older and we'll see first hand how touch Sanchez situation is.

The Jets dropped the ball.

I thought that I'd never get to the point of saying this, but Rex needs to calm down and really start playing the role of Head Coach. Heads have to start rolling here. He has to start playing the roll of bad guy now if he doesnt want to lose this team.

Plain and simple. We got cute.

We thought we can just dismiss one WR (Bray) and replace him with another. We thought that the iron man Mangold would never get hurt...so we didnt need to beef up the backup role with actual talent.

We didnt fire Schotty. We were more concerned about signing Aso than adding to the puzzle to win a championship. Like give me a break. We have the best CB ever to play imo and Cro on the other side and overall one of the best defenses in the league and we're concerning ourselves with Aso instead of trying to find the Kris Jenkins/Vernon Gholston/Shawn Ellis replacements. We let Ighedibo get to N.E. and we dont even TRY to get Atogwe.

We dropped the ball dog.

Most people want to look as Sanchez as the culprit, but I tell you what...Let you lose your #1 receiver in Braylon, The O-line goes to sh*t, Greene cant run the ball because of it, LT gets a year older and we'll see first hand how touch Sanchez situation is.

The Jets dropped the ball.

I thought that I'd never get to the point of saying this, but Rex needs to calm down and really start playing the role of Head Coach. Heads have to start rolling here. He has to start playing the roll of bad guy now if he doesnt want to lose this team.

THIS.

Go look back on the 2009 and 2010 Jets. We were either bad (2009) or winning ugly/lucky (2010) at this point in the season. Tremendous breaks with other teams losing /Manning sitting in 2009 and miracle wins (Denver, Cleveland, Houston, Detroit) in 2010 aided by curious coaching moves and flags by the other teams. We then got hot against flawed play-off teams and our expectations became that of thinking we were rooting for a better team then we really are.

Archived