Just say NO to Payton Manning

Schmidt

Considering he was doing it on a team for several years that just went 1-15, yeah probably.

I think the situation is a little different RJF. They brought in Collins with a week to prepare, it was obvious he had no Idea wtf was going on. Manning was that teams OC after Moore was gone and probably a few years before as well, so when Manning went down with Injury not only did they lose their Offensive leader they lost the coach as well. He was a product of being there for years and having a full grasp of the system he was calling all the plays. Thats very different than going to another team learning a new offensive coordinators system and working with less talent. I think you guys are giving way too much credit here to one man and his possible effect on the entire Jets offense that has glaring issues IMO. Even if he comes here and is given free reign to run the offense which is doubtful you still have to hope the barrel of monkeys we currently have can grasp that system and be on the same page with Manning and I have my doubts on that as well.

I could see him going to a team like Arizona and having an impact because they have some players plus they can probably also afford Reggie Wayne giving them Fitz and Wayne as WR's ...If he comes to the Jets who does he have ? Santonio Holmes ,, Pussy Keller ? We cant afford him and Wayne and for the most part we will have to restructure salaries just to get him in here. Im not going to read into any of these dream contract scenarios some have cooked up to get him knowing nothing that they are talking about.

Reasons

1. Bad Injury

2. Old

3. We have been down this road before

4.No cap space

5. We would have to rebuild the entire team

6. He is a BAD cold weather QB

7. We cannot get anything for Mark ( and I do not want to let him go)

8. We would have to change our coaching staff

Oh yeah did I say that he is OLD and INJURED? He is one hit away from retirement, then we are done for the next (at least) 5 Years! For me I watched the franchise in the Polo Grounds, I don't have that kind of time to waste!

DOES ANY ONE REMEMBER BRETT FARVE.......NO, NO, NO, NO TO PAYTON.

So if we couldn't get anything from anyone for Mark Sanchez, then why is it we should want him?

Jets coaches know what he is, Jets FO knows what he is, Jets ex-players like LT know what he is. All are indicating or outright saying that the Jets should and will explore bringing in Manning to QB the team instead of Sanchez.

Archived