Schmidt

Reasons

1. Bad Injury

2. Old

3. We have been down this road before

4.No cap space

5. We would have to rebuild the entire team

6. He is a BAD cold weather QB

7. We cannot get anything for Mark ( and I do not want to let him go)

8. We would have to change our coaching staff

Oh yeah did I say that he is OLD and INJURED? He is one hit away from retirement, then we are done for the next (at least) 5 Years! For me I watched the franchise in the Polo Grounds, I don't have that kind of time to waste!

DOES ANY ONE REMEMBER BRETT FARVE.......NO, NO, NO, NO TO PAYTON.

Agreed, Payton Manning is a nobody. I want nothing to do with him.

Dont think he said Peyton is a nobody but hes not going to be a savior on a team that has needs in a lot of areas other than QB. 3of the 4 of our starting LB's over the past few years are old and 2 of them may not even be back . We have NO safties. We are weak at the skill positions and our O-line is having issues and some how Peyron manning fixes all of this ?? Bad move Just say no IMO as well

Reasons

1. Bad Injury

2. Old

3. We have been down this road before

4.No cap space

5. We would have to rebuild the entire team

6. He is a BAD cold weather QB

7. We cannot get anything for Mark ( and I do not want to let him go)

8. We would have to change our coaching staff

Oh yeah did I say that he is OLD and INJURED? He is one hit away from retirement, then we are done for the next (at least) 5 Years! For me I watched the franchise in the Polo Grounds, I don't have that kind of time to waste!

DOES ANY ONE REMEMBER BRETT FARVE.......NO, NO, NO, NO TO PAYTON.

You should have put Bad injury in bold and caps. Guys had 4 neck surgeries in a year. One was a fusion.

Dont think he said Peyton is a nobody but hes not going to be a savior on a team that has needs in a lot of areas other than QB. 3of the 4 of our starting LB's over the past few years are old and 2 of them may not even be back . We have NO safties. We are weak at the skill positions and our O-line is having issues and some how Peyron manning fixes all of this ?? Bad move Just say no IMO as well

Yet they had a top 5 defense. And were 8-5 until their QB imploded down the stretch.

Yet they had a top 5 defense. And were 8-5 until their QB imploded down the stretch.

Well hey everyone made excuses for Favre being hurt down the stretch does getting hurt to the point of possible surgery not count the same for Sanchez ? He did play very bad down the stretch but i think it was a compounded effect of a lot of issues including himself with some dumb plays. Hes has some fault here as well but over all we have handled him very poorly IMO

Well hey everyone made excuses for Favre being hurt down the stretch does getting hurt to the point of possible surgery not count the same for Sanchez ? He did play very bad down the stretch but i think it was a compounded effect of a lot of issues including himself with some dumb plays. Hes has some fault here as well but over all we have handled him very poorly IMO

Probably cuz Brett Favre is a HOF'er and stuff...but this is true, forgot about the surgery.

I cannot believe that people really don't want Peyton Manning. You guys do realize that we will have to deal with "The Jets have the worst QB in the division" threads all year if he goes to Miami. This team has holes, every team has hole (even the Giants this past season). The best way to mask the holes on a team are to score a lot of points, which you need a reliable QB for. Sanchez isn't a scrub, but this team isn't going to be as talented as we were two years ago; we cannot follow the same script and expect the same results. Go get Manning, or else be willing to expect 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 again.

Agreed, Payton Manning is a nobody. I want nothing to do with him.

Read pointman's post again. Note the purposeful spelling mistake. Then read the thread title again. Still nothing? Rinse and repeat.

9. He wants Reggie Wayne to come with him (No cap space)

I was at the Denver game with Farve, we lost terrible...and Farve was hurt where did that season go? When Manning is our QB and he takes a hit and NEVER plays another down, where will we be? We drafted Sanchez and Rex is our coach 2 AFC Championship games back to back...I have never seen that for this team! I have been a fan of this team for 51 years and counting. All I have seen is when things get rough our fans abandon ship and want to change....and where has that gotten us...coach after coach, QB after QB, we have gone nowhere before Rex not like this. BELIEVE in Rex like we did when he came here stay the course and lets see where he takes us. With him we have gone to 2 AFC Championship games, Mark has been the QB for more Playoff wins than ANY Jets QB EVER!

Give manning 1m immediately, sight unseen.

Structure his deal with roster bonuses every 2 weeks of the offseason starting 6/1 5m weighted to the end.

If he plays 10+ games guarantee him 10m in 2013.

You get him before anyone else. Limited risk if on 6/1 if he still can't throw.

This team with manning in 2011 wins 12 games. Our QB lost 4-5 by himself.

Did anyone see the beating Sanchez last year? Does anyone think Manning would survive? If we could (I HOPE NOT) get him how in the heck do we have any money for a left tackle, or an outside LB, or a Safety, another WR, RB ? Or whatever other holes we need to address?

If we sign Manning we have to blow up the entire team AND get rid of Rex not to mention Sparano AND completly change directions. Rex (Mr. Defense) is not a coach Manning would LOVE to play for.

IMHO if we are going to make those kind of changes...get rid of Holmes, (the quitter,loser) and tighten up the locker room. Then we can move on as a team. If Holmes was the same receiver he was the previous yeay we would have been in the playoffs and we would NOT be having this conversation.

Did anyone see the beating Sanchez last year? Does anyone think Manning would survive? If we could (I HOPE NOT) get him how in the heck do we have any money for a left tackle, or an outside LB, or a Safety, another WR, RB ? Or whatever other holes we need to address?

If we sign Manning we have to blow up the entire team AND get rid of Rex not to mention Sparano AND completly change directions. Rex (Mr. Defense) is not a coach Manning would LOVE to play for.

IMHO if we are going to make those kind of changes...get rid of Holmes, (the quitter,loser) and tighten up the locker room. Then we can move on as a team. If Holmes was the same receiver he was the previous yeay we would have been in the playoffs and we would NOT be having this conversation.

I saw a QB who held onto the ball too long and made bad decisions. I saw someone who couldn't tread the blitz. Manning gets rid of it and knows where everyone is coming from each time

Steve Politi has it right, BUT don't chase that next shiny thing;

Politi: Pursuit of Peyton Manning would be typical of flawed Jets

Published: Wednesday, March 07, 2012, 12:52 PM Updated: Wednesday, March 07, 2012, 1:42 PM

Maybe it’s time, in light of their apparent decision to pursue Peyton Manning, for the Jets to put their true franchise philosophy into writing and hang it on the side of their training complex:

“The New York Jets: Committed to -- oooh, look at the shiny thing over there!"

Because you really have to wonder about this franchise today, as they entertain the idea of scrapping their last bold plan three years into the process for their next bold plan.

Who are the Jets? Does anyone know?

Do they know?

They went from the outspoken players’ coach who played to win the game, to the paranoid Bill Belichick clone who shredded practice reports, to the outspoken players’ coach who wasn’t going to kiss anyone’s rings.

They went from the homegrown quarterback they invested years developing, to the future Hall of Famer on the last legs of his career, to the homegrown quarterback they invested years developing.

Are they really trying to go back to the future Hall of Famer on the last legs of his career?

From Herm Edwards to Eric Mangini to Rex Ryan. From Chad Pennington to Brett Favre to Mark Sanchez to, maybe, Peyton Manning. The question isn’t if this is the best move for the Jets. It’s if the Jets have any idea what the best move for the Jets is any more.

Just about any team would want the guy as the face of the franchise, and after watching his farewell press conference, it’s easy to see why. It was equal parts earnest and magnanimous.

When he nearly broke down praising “the best equipment guys in the world,” you knew that if your mother was the general manager of the team, she’d have already traded everyone to get him.

“We all know that nothing lasts forever,” Manning said. “Times change, circumstances change, and that's the reality of playing in the NFL.”

He said he hadn’t given any thought to where he might end up, but at this stage of his career, you’d have to think he’d crave the stability he had for all those years in Indianapolis, something the Jets lack.

The top franchises in the NFL are the ones with a strong identity. You know exactly what the Patriots are. You know exactly what the Steelers are. You know -- and you knew this was coming, Jets fans -- exactly what the Giants are.

They are organizations committed to a direction and a philosophy, who do things in a certain way because they believe it’s the right way. They are predictable for a reason. They’re also the most consistent winners in the league.

The Jets, meanwhile, are like the college senior that changes majors because a cute coed signs up for a class. They had a pretty good plan for three years, then scrap it before they see it to the end.

Because, for all his warts, Mark Sanchez was a pretty good plan. Trading up to select him with the fifth overall pick in the 2009 draft is still one of the bolder and smarter moves this franchise has made.

They saw what happened with Favre, how his body had betrayed him at the end, how he wasn’t totally committed to the franchise after a lifetime in Green Bay. Manning, 35, is younger than Favre was. He was a better quarterback in his prime, but he’s past those days now.

He might be great again in his return. He might be damaged goods after all those neck surgeries. If that’s a 50/50 proposition, then it’s no better than the Jets might get with Sanchez.

Sanchez, without a decent running game or a true down-field threat, completed 56.7 percent of his passes last season for 3,474 yards, 26 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. He was not good enough to elevate a flawed Jets team that finished 8-8 and out of the postseason.

The team made the right decision to bring in a new offensive coordinator, Tony Sparano, in hopes a new voice will help his development. Finding him another reliable target, preferably one that won’t pull a Santonio Holmes and quit on the season, should be the next priority.

You can say Sanchez has been coddled, or that he hasn’t lived up to expectations, or even that he regressed last season. But you can’t say that he’s failed -- not yet, at least, after just three seasons (and two AFC Championship Game appearances on his résumé, in case anyone has forgotten).

He should be the starter next season. For the Jets to scrap the plan now and chase Peyton Manning, the latest shiny thing, would be so … well, so totally like them, come to think of it.

9. He wants Reggie Wayne to come with him (No cap space)

I was at the Denver game with Farve, we lost terrible...and Farve was hurt where did that season go? When Manning is our QB and he takes a hit and NEVER plays another down, where will we be? We drafted Sanchez and Rex is our coach 2 AFC Championship games back to back...I have never seen that for this team! I have been a fan of this team for 51 years and counting. All I have seen is when things get rough our fans abandon ship and want to change....and where has that gotten us...coach after coach, QB after QB, we have gone nowhere before Rex not like this. BELIEVE in Rex like we did when he came here stay the course and lets see where he takes us. With him we have gone to 2 AFC Championship games, Mark has been the QB for more Playoff wins than ANY Jets QB EVER!

Name ten quarterbacks playing that would NOT have taken us that far. Okay, seven. Five?

Archived