Technical question - BLue Ray

BornJetsFan1983

wasnt there HD DVD and wide screen dvd, so wtf Blue ray doesnt have that? A blockbuster is going out of business and I was going to go try and pick up Widescreen, for some reason I liked those versions more...but i notice that is not an option on blue ray, what the deal?

Your help is appreciated.

wasnt there HD DVD and wide screen dvd, so wtf Blue ray doesnt have that? A blockbuster is going out of business and I was going to go try and pick up Widescreen, for some reason I liked those versions more...but i notice that is not an option on blue ray, what the deal?

Bluray is widescreen...

Hd DVD and blu ray are both competing hi def standards. HD DVD lost and is no longer made and does not play on a blu ray machine, so don't buy them.

As far as wide screen, all hi def content is presented in wide screen, so every blu ray disc is widescreen.

I think they were asking the other way around... not sure tho... all regular DVDs, widescreen or not, except the HD DVD branded ones... play in blue ray players. and with a monster cable get a nice bump in quality.

trivia bonus question - when did movies start being filmed in widescreen format (s)?

hint - more than one answer and it's later than you might think.

and gone :)

I think they were asking the other way around... not sure tho... all regular DVDs, widescreen or not, except the HD DVD branded ones... play in blue ray players. and with a monster cable get a nice bump in quality.

trivia bonus question - when did movies start being filmed in widescreen format (s)?

hint - more than one answer and it's later than you might think.

and gone :)

Both you and the op don't really articulate very well but I think I still understood and answered his question. He said blu ray didn't have a widescreen option, I explained that all blu ray DVDs are hi def and widescreen.

Both you and the op don't really articulate very well but I think I still understood and answered his question. He said blu ray didn't have a widescreen option, I explained that all blu ray DVDs are hi def and widescreen.

didn't mean to imply you hadn't... apologies for the articulation deficit.

Archived