Giants haven't scored a TD in 2 quarters of regular season football. Discuss.

Integrity28

Yeah, but did Rogers play well? Did Rivers? Cutler? Brees? Those guys didn't win either. And it wasn't "one play". The Giants game it took 3 fumbles by the same guy. The Ravens took a drop AND a missed chippy. I agree the QB makes it easier, but luck is luck and it takes a ton of luck "elite" QB or not.

There is a ton of luck. So, without an elite QB, you need to get even luckier, and you're relying on luck way too heavily.

While I do agree with this sentiment, I actually think the problem is last season is pretty much one of the worst examples to ever use for it, when you consider neither Super Bowl team deserved their championship win. Yes, I agree the Ravens/49ers probably lock in the wins earlier with better QB play, but the respective winners have little reason to credit their QBs. Brady played significantly worse than Flacco in that game, and Manning was far from impressive either.

It's not about crediting the QB for the win. It's about the QB not being a compounding problem. Ineffectiveness counts.

There is a ton of luck. So, without an elite QB, you need to get even luckier, and you're relying on luck way too heavily.

I'm not relying on sh*t. I'm for putting the best team and the field and letting it ****ing roll. The rest of the board is apparently for sitting around and constantly trying to get an elite QB - if you can't find one, you hang your heads and cry. The season is lost! QB is the most important position, but it's not the only one. I'm much more concerned that Sparano isn't going to do what it takes to put Sanchez in a position to win than I am that this team is incapable of winning with Sanchez. Personally I don't like the moves (or lack thereof) made for O this offseason, but it'll have to play out a little more before I freak out.

I'm not relying on sh*t. I'm for putting the best team and the field and letting it ****ing roll. The rest of the board is apparently for sitting around and constantly trying to get an elite QB - if you can't find one, you hang your heads and cry. The season is lost! QB is the most important position, but it's not the only one. I'm much more concerned that Sparano isn't going to do what it takes to put Sanchez in a position to win than I am that this team is incapable of winning with Sanchez. Personally I don't like the moves (or lack thereof) made for O this offseason, but it'll have to play out a little more before I freak out.

Who's freaking out? The evaluation isn't any more grim than it was last year. There's just more people who've accepted the reality of what this team is.

Blaming the OC is cliche and boring. Go for it if it helps though.

It's not about crediting the QB for the win. It's about the QB not being a compounding problem. Ineffectiveness counts.

I know what you're saying, but if that were truly the case with last year's playoff games then there is absolutely no reason the Patriots should have beaten the Ravens, considering Brady was one of the very worst players on the field for either team. He didn't just compound the problem, he was the problem. It's not that the overall point doesn't have a lot of merit to it, it's that the reason why it is such a point of argument when last year is used as an example is because that is hardly even a better example than the likes of the 2000, 2002 or 2005 Super Bowls considering the embarrassment that were the championship games.

I agree with the idea that a franchise QB is, far more often than not, a vital component to a championship team, but I think last year is more of an example of using an end result as support of a conclusion when the means by which that result was reached actually contradicts the conclusion. It's like those people who try to use Chad Pennington's completion percentage and passer rating as proof positive that he is one of the league's best. Sure, most of the other QBs who fall around him in those categories are amongst the best, but they didn't spend their careers throwing checkdowns. There's an exception to every rule.

Who's freaking out? The evaluation isn't any more grim than it was last year. There's just more people who've accepted the reality of what this team is.

Blaming the OC is cliche and boring. Go for it if it helps though.

I don't blame him. I just don't like him. I actually kind of liked Schottenheimer, but I thought he was a bad fit. I don't like Sparano and this preseason hasn't helped. I don't think he will be squandering our great offensive talent or anything, but I think we have enough pieces to put something together and I'm not confident he will. I also don't like the handling of the RT situation, the failure to bring in another legit RB or blocking TE. The Tebow deal I can take or leave. As a player and situational guy I think he will be very helpful - a backup QB who is actually useful before the QB gets hurt and I think the value was fine. OTOH, it does cause a bit of a circus and harkens back to the Pennington era in post quality around here. At WR I am not in love with what was done, but I'm okay with the idea - low level vet + rookie physical specimen with no production + rookie all production with no physicality + what we had - half our cancers.

is reese TRYING to get fired ?

he drafts a RB with fumbling issues in the first ****ing round he gets 2 carries, promptly fumbles, and gets benched

he goes into the season with no running game, knowing he has to pass to win, and he doesn't upgrade the LT position

he tries to compete in a division with RGIII, romo and vick with crap for DB's

what a circus

Archived