Revis still in doubt for Sunday

Jetfan13

darrelle-revis-jets-injury-status.jpg

Ron Antonelli/New York Daily News

Darrelle Revis is still recovering from a concussion and may miss Sunday's game.

Darrelle Revis’ status for Sunday’s game against Miami is still in doubt. Revis practiced on a limited basis Wednesday, but has not been cleared for contact.

The star cornerback said Monday that he felt better than he did last week, but will need to pass the test for concussion symptoms before he will be cleared to play in a game. That the Jets will be flying to Miami for Sunday's game is most likely another strike against Revis playing.

ADD HOT SAUCE

Rex Ryan was very complimentary of Reggie Bush. The Dolphins running back is coming off an impressive performance against the Raiders when he rushed for 172 yards and two TDs.

“Obviously we have to do a great job of getting a lot of guys to him and getting him on the ground. Put some hot sauce on him if you will,” Ryan said.

The hot sauce mention was in reference to comments Bart Scott made years ago when he said of Bush, “The media darling, aka the golden boy of the NFL, tried to take a cheap shot at me, so I told him I was going to put some extra on it. He can do all those shakes he wants, but I wasn’t going anywhere. I put a little hot sauce on that ankle.”

Dustin Keller (hamstring), Bryan Thomas (hamstring), Eric Smith (knee) and John Conner (knee) did not practice on Wednesday. Keller said he plans on playing on Sunday.

NOT CATCHING ON

Santonio Holmes hasn’t had a 100-yard receiving day for 27 straight games. That stat, he says, doesn’t bother him.

“I honestly don’t think it reflects anything about me as a receiver because my job is to do what I can do to win ballgames,” Holmes said. “Whether I catch one pass for 13 yards, whether I catch 9 for 1,000 yards. It really don’t matter. It’s about the performance you put in from the first quarter to the fourth quarter

DOES THIS GUY EVER ACTUALLY LISTEN TO HIMSELF TALK?

Is there any doubt if he doesnt play, that he'll be drinking Patron and Pineapple juice at the Bounce?

Grapefruit... Patron and Grapefruit. Don't try to sully what Revis does!!!

Also, sit him out. If we don't destroy Miami without him we are garbage... and clearly, we aren't so it shouldn't be an issue. Shoot, start McKnight at corner for the lollies.

Archived