Steelers OT Mike Adams stabbed in the stomach this morning

shhwagah

Whoa!

Deadspin breaks the story with little details...more coming soon.

k-bigpic.jpg

Steelers Offensive Tackle Mike Adams Hospitalized After Stabbing

The Pittsburgh Steelers have just released a statement saying Mike Adams, their second-year offensive tackle, was stabbed early this morning in what looks like an attempted robbery in the city's South Side. Adams, 23, had to be hospitalized.

In the statement, Steelers GM Kevin Colbert said, “We are aware of the situation regarding Mike Adams being stabbed earlier this morning. We are in direct communication with both Mike and his family. Mike is expected to make a full recovery."

A little while ago, Adams tweeted this from the hospital:

I had an angel lookin out for me! Ill be ok just gotta fight to get back harder then ever

We don't know much else about the incident right now, but we'll follow the story as it develops and provide any updates we can.

this can happen anywhere but, Pittsburgh is a sh*thole full of pretty stupid people

Yeah no kidding. But an NFL player? On a Saturday morning? Someone was trying to start their weekend off with a bang.

Pittsburgh is wonderful compared to Philly

Definitely.  I lived in North Philly for a year when I was doing research at Temple Med, lived 2 miles up the street right near Albert Einstein Hospital, place was like a war zone.  I remember seeing 20+ total cop cars and emergency vehicles on Easter Sunday morning because one family on their porch was getting into a fight with another family who drove up in their van.  I run and walk everywhere, but N. Philly made me pretty uneasy a lot of the time.

Pittsburgh is wonderful compared to Philly

i used to deliver furniture when i was 18 and for some reason we ended up going from central jersey to philly and camden a number of times to make deliveries to some of the worst parts of the hood you could imagine. it was unnerving to say the least. we pulle dinto a mcdonalds parking lot so my partner could take a leak and as i was sitting in the truck waiting, 3 guys came running up to another guy across the street and beat him with a baseball bat. i went inside to tell them to call the cops but no way was i going to try to stop these 3 guys and getting the bat treatment myself. pretty sure the guy was unconscious for a while but he did finally start moving and the ambulance took him away.

Archived