New York Jets Release Wide Reciever Vidal Hazelton

JetNation

Wide Receiver Vidal Hazelton was released by the New York Jets on Tuesday after suffering a lower leg injury in camp:

Hazelton was reportedly impressing his coaches at camp before suffering the injury. The release of Hazelton leaves some opportunities for other players looking to become members of the team to step in and make a name for themselves. Hazelton previously played with the San Diego Chargers, Cincinnati Bengals and Tennessee Titans before he was looked at by the Jets.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
8KIobj59FDU

View the full article

Interesting they IR'd Davis, but released Hazelton.  Cimini said they waived Davis Monday.  Not sure what any of these means.  I certainly don't think that these guys being hurt is opening the door for anybody else. These guys were both outside the door looking in.  WR is a pretty open slot.

Interesting they IR'd Davis, but released Hazelton.  Cimini said they waived Davis Monday.  Not sure what any of these means.  I certainly don't think that these guys being hurt is opening the door for anybody else. These guys were both outside the door looking in.  WR is a pretty open slot.

I'm guessing Davis was put as waived/injured on Monday and then thrown on IR after he cleared waivers.  It's a possibility that we could be in the middle of the same situation with Hazelton, although I'm not sure what impact him having 2 years in the league could have as opposed to Davis being an UDFA.

Archived