wed practice -florham park

Maxman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a297b55b3a458866137f9c300c7eb61f_normal.

Rex Ryan raving about Ducasse. Asked what he's seen improve: "From top to bottom, you name it." #Jets
24s
Beat Writer / Columnist

0a55ab99202d64c3b64435a0f316f609_normal.
Rex said he considered bringing in video of Vladimir Ducasse to show media. Said he's improved "from top to bottom." #jets
47s
Beat Writer / Columnist

Rex on @TommyBo42: "He been impressive ...I feel good about him. ...I've been very pleased w Tommy." #jets
4m
Beat Writer / Columnist

Rex says he would "certainly" be comfortable with Bohanon as the Wk 1 starter at FB. Adds that Reuland can play FB, too. #Jets
4m
Beat Writer / Columnist

Rex Ryan raving about Ducasse. Asked what he's seen improve: "From top to bottom, you name it." #Jets
24s
Beat Writer / Columnist

Rex said he considered bringing in video of Vladimir Ducasse to show media. Said he's improved "from top to bottom." #jets
47s
Beat Writer / Columnist

I noticed this when I rewatched the Jags game.  Guy is playing a lot better

headshot_Manish_Mehta_normal.jpg

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

Rex on why Geno played with starters for 3rd straight day (with a smile): "Hey. So what? You guys figure it out." #nyj4m

Beat Writer / Columnist

This is interesting. Anyone else think that pick in the endzone and the bad use of clock sealed the deal on Sanchez if Geno is even remotely able to go? I just dont think Idzik or Rex can stand Sanchez leaving points on the field like that.

Mangold got into Cromartie's face after the play. Offense not happy with Cromartie's physical play there. Crazy sequence #nyj
13s
Beat Writer / Columnist

Cromartie playing physical is a sign that at least one player on this team can evolve into something he never used to be... unlike the offense. EFF Mangold, the offense should take their lumps until they can prove they aren't teh suck.

bc_normal.jpg

Not sure how Cromartie can face his offensive teammates after that. He could have really hurt Hill
4m
Beat Writer / Columnist

^^^^ kindergarten faggotry

Not sure if Cromartie hit on Hill was helmet to helmet. Looked like Cromartie may have used forearms to drill Hill high. Gotta look at film
4m
Beat Writer / Columnist

^^^^ yeah, okay manish LMFAO

bc_normal.jpg

Geno having a strong practice. No incompletions yet 10 of 10 with 2 TDs today #NYJ
2m
Beat Writer / Columnist

#TAKEDATJOB

Sounds like our defense is going to struggle with the hurry up offense if we don't make adjustments.  Good thing nobody in our division runs the hurry up  :rolleyes: 

2/3 of the league has installed some element of the hurry-up after seeing what Peyton and Brady have been able to do to Rex with it. If it neuters Rex's D, it'll sure work against all the 2nd rate defenses in the league. It's a pinball league now anyway, defenses don't win championships anymore here in 2013.

2631dfe0e923e8204d51662299f98c50_normal.

Spadalo. Catches. Everything. #jetscamp
3m
Blogger / Podcaster

I'm really excited about this guy. I'm going to start a thread about it. Maybe.

Geno Smith has been on fire today: 15 for 16, 2 TDs so far. #nyj
47s
Beat Writer / Columnist

#TAKEDATJOB

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

Rex Ryan on Cromartie hit on Hill: "I was disappointed because we have to protect each other.... We got to be smarter." #nyj
9m
Beat Writer / Columnist

Rex thought practice was "a little too spirited" _ referring to big hit by Cromartie on Hill. "We've got to be smarter." #Jets
9m
Beat Writer / Columnist

Rex on Lex: "Just a tough guy and unfortunate thing." Was placed on IR earlier today. #Jets
10m
Beat Writer / Columnist

Rex liked competition in practice, but notes: "Maybe a lil too spirited," referring to Cro hit on Hill #jets
10m
Beat Writer / Columnist

Fat Rex: tells 3rd string offensive lineman to go start a fight with a start to see if he can get more out of him

Skinny Rex: blub blub blub Cro needs to be more gentle blub blub blub

Powell is going to be on the field a lot. If he can block, run and pass protect - he's going to have a leg up on Ivory who didn't get consistent playing time in New Orleans primarily because he sucked in pass protection.

Cro to Jets' offense: 'Don't cry, play ball!'

August, 21, 2013

Aug 21

1:57

PM ET

By Ian Begley | ESPNNewYork.com

Recommend10

Tweet9

Comments3

Email

Print

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- These guys are teammates, right?

Things got interesting at New York Jets practice on Wednesday afternoon when cornerback Antonio Cromartie put a strong hit on receiver Stephen Hill during a two-minute drill.

Quarterback Geno Smith completed a pass to Hill near the goal line and Cromartie immediately put a high hit on Hill, near the helmet.

The hit appeared to come from Cromartie's forearm.

After the collision, there was a mini-skirmish involving members from the offense and defense. Some players, including center Nick Mangold, appeared to be upset with Cromartie.

At one point, after the skirmish dissipated, Cromartie could be heard yelling, "Don't cry, play ball!"

Hill returned for 7-on-7 drills later in practice.

Cromartie was involved in another potentially dangerous play in 7-on-7s. He met wideout Michael Campbell in the air and broke up a pass, then Campbell landed awkwardly on his back and stayed on the ground momentarily. Cromartie hung around after the play to make sure Campbell was OK.

Dennis Waszak Jr. 

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73  .

Sanchez says Geno got 3 straight days because he got 3 last week when GS was hurt. Is assuming GS will start vs Giants but not told yet.

50s  .

Beat Writer / Columnist

I dont' care about the crying from the media tweeters, I like what Cro is doing. He's calling out hte offense on the field - rather than in the press. The right way to do it. What a great surprise his maturation has been.

Powell is going to be on the field a lot. If he can block, run and pass protect - he's going to have a leg up on Ivory who didn't get consistent playing time in New Orleans primarily because he sucked in pass protection.

I've been saying it for a while now, Powell can ball.  He'll prove it.  He's the best back on the roster.  That might not be saying much, but its true.

^^^^ kindergarten faggotry

^^^^ yeah, okay manish LMFAO

In that prick's defense, he didn't say that he was personally going to look at the film.  He'll probably wait until someone else does it and puts it on Twitter.  That's where he gets most of his info anyway.  Piece of sh*t, hack job reporter.

Who are we kidding with all this QB controversy? We ALL know what you get with Mark Sanchez and the only question in my mind is, will Sanchez deliver a playoff season for the Jets? Very unlikely. So WTF are we talking about? Geno Smith should be named QB NOW. So what if the Jets win six games with Sanchez vs maybe four or five with Smith? If you aren't first, your last in the words of Vince Lombardi, and I don't think the Jets are finishing first with Mark Sanchez.

It isn't about how many games they win...rather it's about not getting Geno killed or rushing him onto the field and damaging his confidence forcing him to play before he is ready.

It isn't about how many games they win...rather it's about not getting Geno killed or rushing him onto the field and damaging his confidence forcing him to play before he is ready.

You know what might be more damaging to his confidence? Not beating out Mark Sanchez for the starting job.

Archived