Center Dalton Freeman Released, QB Graham Harrell Officially Signed

JetNation

Today the New York Jets made it official and signed Graham Harrell after he passed his physical. Harrell spent the last three regular seasons with the Green Bay Packers and served as a back up to Aaron Rogers in 2012 according to Eric Allen from NewYorkJets.com. With that signing the Jets have released Center Dalton Freeman.

Freeman sustained a high ankle sprain early in Jets camp and was competing for a back up role on the team. The Clemson University graduate was signed after the completion of the 2013 draft and was reportedly impressing Head Coach Rex Ryan. The Jets will continue to evaluate the roster to meet the leagues requirement of a 53 man roster which has to be met by August 31st.

This is not final cut time.  You have 75 guys on the roster.  I don't understand this.  You cannot cut some clown who you are sure won't make it for a promising O lineman?  

They needed another QB capable of playing tonight as with Geno sitting and McElroy re-injured, Simms was all they had.  To make space, they cut a guy who they already knew (1) was not going to be able to play tonight and (2) wasn't making the final roster.  Even if they are considering tossing him back onto the PS (which, if they are, I'm sure they told him so at the time he was cut), cutting him now instead of Saturday doesn't really change their ability to do so.  I can't imagine three days is going to make the difference in another team's potential interest in him.

Archived