Jets Need to Give Ivory More Carries

flgreen

by the way you guys don't actually know if running more would have won that game

in this league if the other team knows you are running, it will usually fail. 

ivory was getting 4+ a carry because the other team was in pass defense. 

once teams put 8 or 9 in the box the run is over.

I only counted like 2 play action passes all game so it's not like we weren't making it easy for the Pats to see what we were doing.  Plus your boy Vlad was manhandling Vince Wilfork all over the field.  We were running for 5 a pop and there was nothing the Pats could do to stop it.  I understand the philosophy that we need to commit to letting our young QB throw, but sometimes its OK to just go for the W too. 

When you have a young, raw QB who is starting Week 1 there will be plenty of opportunities to let him loose over the course of the season, but in the meantime, why not let the running game be his best friend?

Actually if you look at the last quarter of the Pats game, in the rain,  they did put extra guys in the box.

Throwing should have been easier

The majority of teams over the last 3 years have put at least in the box because of how horrific the Jets offense has been, but during the NE game everyone knew the Jets were throwing.

The majority of teams over the last 3 years have put at least in the box because of how horrific the Jets offense has been, but during the NE game everyone knew the Jets were throwing.

I didn't. I don't think Belichick did either.  If you look at the whole field view in the NFL replay, in the 4th quarter when the flood gates opened the Pats were sliding an extra guy into the box frequently.

IMO  MM gambled on his QB.  Jets didn't execute

it's a short term fix eventually the luck will run out and there will be a team that stops the run, probably in the playoffs. the way the league is built, the running team will eventually lose to the passing team. 

playoffs?  PLAYOFFS???

/in my best Jim Mora voice

the "let's run more" crowd seem to ignore that the Jets were down in NE. Teams can't run their way back from a points deficit. You have to pass. 

all the running in the world won't cover up bad QB play. even if you win a game here or a game there with running...  even if you win 4 playoff games and make 2 AFG CG appearances... in the long run the QB will be exposed. Playoff teams will stop the run and force the pass. The Jets are correct in tring to develop a real offense from the get go.

Asking for more running is living in a world of denial... maybe a simpler world like 20 years ago where the run still works. Unless they want to hire Tebow from the Russian league and go full wishbone. Running is a gimmick.

In this league the Jets should be passing all the time. That's what the rules dictate. G&P is gone just like fat Rex.

You are getting more and more irrational.  You've been around long enough and know the game better than that to make a dumb comment like that.  Yes, if a team is down 2 TDs in the 4th qtr. with 10 minutes or less left in the game, then they can't run the ball much and expect to win unless they can count on their D to produce a 3 and out when the other team gets the ball.  Even then it's risky.   The Jets were only down what, 3 points?  1 point? and had a ton of time.

Just because they run the ball more doesn't mean it's "ground and pound" or they're going back to a primarily rushing offense.  Get real.

I only counted like 2 play action passes all game so it's not like we weren't making it easy for the Pats to see what we were doing.  Plus your boy Vlad was manhandling Vince Wilfork all over the field.  We were running for 5 a pop and there was nothing the Pats could do to stop it.  I understand the philosophy that we need to commit to letting our young QB throw, but sometimes its OK to just go for the W too. 

When you have a young, raw QB who is starting Week 1 there will be plenty of opportunities to let him loose over the course of the season, but in the meantime, why not let the running game be his best friend?

We arent running playaction because Geno isnt comfortable under center...

We don't often agree, but we're in 100% agreement on this.

Archived